***7th GEN DVD HEADUNIT

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hey whats up, i was under the process of ordering a 7'' alpine dvd headunit and was curious to see if anyone has done this, with the vents being right where the monitor would flip out..if anyone has done it, or seen on it the internet please post pics - thanks in advance

XGENRACER

5+ Year Member
close the vents when you are using the screen? I don't think it should matter unless you are running the heat on full blast for an incredibly long time, don't see it being a problem though. If you have an ipod get the adapter if you are buying the alpine touch screen cuz it is instant sync response unlike the ones for the decks that have delays

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

this is a 96, but close enough. Have had a number of monitors in that location with no bad effects. The only advice I can give you is buy your Alpine from an authorized dealer. If you don't and have trouble Alpine won't touch it. Looks great there and completely functionable. I don't know why people are all weird about mounting them there

XGENRACER

5+ Year Member
ya

snoopy316 said:

this is a 96, but close enough. Have had a number of monitors in that location with no bad effects. The only advice I can give you is buy your Alpine from an authorized dealer. If you don't and have trouble Alpine won't touch it. Looks great there and completely functionable. I don't know why people are all weird about mounting them there
probably cuz it is in a civic and it takes two seconds to break into one and like 10 seconds to rip out the unit, and who wants to have a $900 dvd unit jacked? lol

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
take the f**king face off, and make sure you have insurance.

if you leave the face on a monitor, your s**t deserves to get jacked.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
take the f**king face off, and make sure you have insurance.

if you leave the face on a monitor, your s**t deserves to get jacked.
what if it doesnt come off?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'd never buy a screen, or any headunit for that matter, that does not have a detachable face. i know people do, but it's tempting fate too much, imo.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Im not all weird about putting it there, its just on the 7th gen the dash is like on an angle going up so i dont know how glare would be or whatever, but thanks for that pic

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
screens are not stationary, you know. they tilt to all sorts of positions.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is that what you're worried about? our alpine screen, the one in the pics, tilts back up against the vent, and moves small degrees from there until it's almost in a closing position. you can keep it in any of those, if you want. ;)

i thought you were worried about it being in front of the vents?

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i was concerned about that for a while as well, but after thinking theres many ways to get heat my car by getting around that - then the glare became a factor in the day - i didnt realize you could tilt your screen a little bit

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
XGENRACER said:
probably cuz it is in a civic and it takes two seconds to break into one and like 10 seconds to rip out the unit, and who wants to have a $900 dvd unit jacked? lol
No we just have gone through a few monitors, have had one jacked because of a shitty alarm

I guess thats why we invested another $1000 in our alarm,

and by the way I don't buy anything electronic from e bay

Thats a $1500.00 deck ;)

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
did they smash your window to get it or did you leave your doors unlocked

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
um, neither? civics are extremely easy to break into by popping the window out of track. that's the only way they've been able to steal things. that was with the cheaper alarm, and then once when my alternator was dead.

only had a smashed window twice... but they didn't steal anything either time.

but the times they did take things, were times we forgot to take the face off. we never ever forget now. always take it off, and you shouldn't have a problem. i'm more concerned about the headrest monitors. :lol:

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
when your alternator is going does it make a real winy noise like a belt

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RiPPiN_iT said:
when your alternator is going does it make a real winy noise like a belt
Maybe you got water on/in it?

-Jason

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no i doubt it, it sounds like my car is electric and is getting louder and louder everyday, it over powers the exhaust at lower rpm's

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it's sorta whiny i guess, not nearly as loud or sharp as a belt. it's not constant, either. at least not that i've heard with my car. it'll go, "screech, screech, screech, screech" versus "scccrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeech"

if that made sense. haha. noises are hard to describe. that's the noise i heard. my alternator is hella loud anyways. :what:

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dunno what the hell it is in my engine, i need to get it checked out though:what: