7th gen lips

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, I've recently been hired at a job... and we all know what that means - $$$

What do we do with money? We spoil our cars. Well, my time has come. I'm really debating getting a lip kit.. but I'm having trouble finding nice lips. I've seen nice ones in random pictures of 7th gens.. but can never find them when I look for them.

Cutting to the point, this thread is for lip kits and lip kits only. Please post pictures of civics with nice lips.... and links to good sites to buy lips. This will really help me in choosing the perfect kit for the civic. Thanks guys! >`

CenZ

5+ Year Member
this is Drew's car from 7thgen.
Type B front lip
Kaminari sides and rear.

02k20civic

5+ Year Member
well heres how my car is going to "kinda" look...

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OEM is the best. Oem front lip/sideskirts and rear valances are still available at dealerships I believe. They cost a grip but come painted :what: OEM Quality is best.

Lipkit
wheels
ohhh yeahhh.
K20A >`

hierro0430

5+ Year Member
lips

well brother i got some pic but only with the lips i dont have the complete car so if u can send me ur email so i can send it coz i dont know how to upload a pic here lol am new :oops:.... and i can give u a good deal with the price i work in a performance store so let me know my email is bto1984@yahoo.com

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good for you Joe. :D
cough *get some wheels* cough :lol:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hierro - E-mail sent

sake - I'm trying. lol. I actually e-mailed one of my "sponsors" to see what kind of price they could give me for a set of rota circuit 8's black w/ polished lip.

Thanks guys, keep the pics / sites coming.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
hierro - E-mail sent

sake - I'm trying. lol. I actually e-mailed one of my "sponsors" to see what kind of price they could give me for a set of rota circuit 8's black w/ polished lip.

Thanks guys, keep the pics / sites coming.
i'm just giving you a hard time joe. but you knew that. if you did get some wheels....what would you go with and what size?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They're not full on sponsors that I have..... They're more like the sponsors that CC has.

I get discounts basically. Like, this one site (whom I was told not to tell anybody I'm getting these prices from) screwed up when they shipped something to me... and I was cool about it... and they rewarded me by telling me that any time I needed a part to contact them and they'd hook me up.

Another site, www.importparts.com - I e-mailed them telling them what I had done to my car, what I planned to do to my car, and what I do with my car.... and asked for a sponsorship. They give me wholesale prices on all of their products.

Neither are free... but it sure beats paying full price.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
got_sake? said:
i'm just giving you a hard time joe. but you knew that. if you did get some wheels....what would you go with and what size?
16" Rota Circuit 8's... Black with polished lip.... sex :D

I don't know what I'm going to do first though... there are a few main things that I want to do...

Rims, Lips, CF Hood, Tranny swap.

the last is what I want to do the most... but it's also the most expensive / difficult to do.... But what comes after a tranny swap... is what my ultimate goal is...... vrooooooom psh :D

We'll just have to see how patient I am, I guess.

Last edited:

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
16" Rota Circuit 8's... Black with polished lip.... sex :D

I don't know what I'm going to do first though... there are a few main things that I want to do...

Rims, Lips, CF Hood, Tranny swap.

the last is what I want to do the most... but it's also the most expensive / difficult to do.... But what comes after a tranny swap... is what my ultimate goal is...... vrooooooom psh :D

We'll just have to see how patient I am, I guess.
you sound like me joe...just one expensive list that just dosen't end. you'd almost be better off returning your car to stock and trading for a 5spd model.

I know you've more than likely heard that before. So assuming that you are going to stick it out with your current car. go for wheels first, reason being, wheels for me seem to set a car off like no other visual mod...not to mention having a bigger contact patch to the ground for a better ride and handling. Wheels was my very first mod and the only thing I hated was the hugh ass fender gap. you're allready lowered so you won't have that issue. But 16's are nice...I have yet to scrub the tires. you may because your drop is a little more aggrestive than mine, but 16's are a good all around size for our application.

:D
Doug

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Holy crap, you've got a name! :D

Well, the deal is.... I've been trying for a year to trade my car in.... but I havent been able to find one! The closest thing I was able to find was a goldish brown looking one... not my style at all..... So I'm finally just giving in and thinking about this transmission swap.

I completely understand what you're saying about the wheels.... and that's one reason why I'm really really considering doing those first. My only problem is that it's probably gonna be a b***h of a process.... gotta order the wheels... probably going to have to order the tires from a different place.... and then I'm going to have to bring them both to yet another place to have the tires fitted...... and it's probably gonna be $$$ in the end. But hell, what else should I expect.. I'm in the car game. This hobby is not cheap. lol.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joe, just return your coupe to stock and sell it on craigslist or something, you should be able to get a good amount for an EX coupe, especially a black one.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Getting rid of it isnt the problem.. it's finding a new one that I'm having trouble with. lol

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, i know this is random and a shot in the dark, but have you ever considered... NOT buying another 7th Gen?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not buy another 7th gen....?..... ..... .... BLASPHEMER!!!!!!

Nah, I like the 7th gens and I'm not quite ready to move on yet. In my opinion, they're the best option for the money... and god knows I don't have any extra money lying around to go get anything nicer.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was able to get a really good deal with ADR wheels.

I got these for around 100 a rim. It worked out cuz with my old enkei rims getting stolen what I got for insurance minus the deductable covered my new rims and tires completely.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
Holy crap, you've got a name! :D

Well, the deal is.... I've been trying for a year to trade my car in.... but I havent been able to find one! The closest thing I was able to find was a goldish brown looking one... not my style at all..... So I'm finally just giving in and thinking about this transmission swap.

I completely understand what you're saying about the wheels.... and that's one reason why I'm really really considering doing those first. My only problem is that it's probably gonna be a b***h of a process.... gotta order the wheels... probably going to have to order the tires from a different place.... and then I'm going to have to bring them both to yet another place to have the tires fitted...... and it's probably gonna be $$$ in the end. But hell, what else should I expect.. I'm in the car game. This hobby is not cheap. lol.
Joe I've signed my post before, guess you never caught it. Anyway the brownish gold color is Heather Mist (the color my car happens to be) The pro's of Heather Mist is that it looks silver at night and it's really hard to tell if it's dirty. And you don't see a lot of people modding a car with a "grocery getter" color. I just say that becaue I can't afford a color change.....but I love my black intereior, minus the ghey upholstry pattern on the seats.

Anyway about wheels and tires...just go to some tire places that do after market wheels. That's how I got my wheels. They ordered them. I rolled in when the wheels arrived and rolled out with new wheels and tires. But yeah I totally know where you're coming from as far as our choise of hobby not being cheap...espacially as a student. I just reenrolled in school....and that's not cheap either. But I can't wait to see and hear about the changes to your, what ever direction you go.