7th gen paintjob=$$$

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holy f**king crap I just priced out a new stock paint job for my car. Paint and clear together is going to run 900 bucks and thats' not including the free labor and work i'm getting. Meh kindda depressing.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That's actually kinda cheap. Paint is really expensive these days with all teh different shades and chemicals and s**t that goes into them. I have to have a whole rear 1/4 panel painted and that alone is going to be $575 from a very reputable shop.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i got my car fixed at the dealership, +paint... for hood, fender, bumper the paint+labor came out to be $1900... i was like wow.. good thing insurance covered it =)

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$900 is nothing.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool then hook a brotha up.....:cool:

but seriously 900 to paint your entire car...not a bad deal.
Wish I could man. I was out on a business dinner between me and my counter part. We went to one of the best steak places in Texas and the bill came out to $180 just for the two of us. Of course this was all put on the company card. :thumbs up Funny how as time goes by money doesn't go as far as it used to.

I digress.

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea 900 is cheap or a paint job like really cheap....now i you want to talk about cheap hehe i will paint my car or free lol i love workign at a body shop that gives me free supplies

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats cheap. Its just cuz body work can be a pain and its time consuming. I painted mine myself for around $350-$400 altogether.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well im getting a new deal. The 900 is going to cover refiberglassing my front bumper, installing a new lip, installing side skirts, bondoing rear bumper and installing lip once i find it. and of course paint for all those and the car.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you were getting a deal alone on just the paint for 900. thats a steal. hope its quality. repainting a car is not cheap

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96green.. wtf happen dude? we were suppose to have our CC titty bar meet???

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well im getting a new deal. The 900 is going to cover refiberglassing my front bumper, installing a new lip, installing side skirts, bondoing rear bumper and installing lip once i find it. and of course paint for all those and the car.
You can install the lip, side skirts yourself. It takes like 20 minutes total, hope their not charging you to install those parts.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

You can install the lip, side skirts yourself. It takes like 20 minutes total, hope their not charging you to install those parts.
dude. Paint runs around 2,000 even if they were charging me who cares... but no it's my wifes sisters boyfriends dad lol. He's not charging me s**t for labor or anything.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
same here.. my uncle owns a shop and i just let him paint or touch up on my car since im a noob at painting ;P

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wish I could man. I was out on a business dinner between me and my counter part. We went to one of the best steak places in Texas and the bill came out to $180 just for the two of us. Of course this was all put on the company card. :thumbs up Funny how as time goes by money doesn't go as far as it used to.

I digress.
true that....there was a time when i thought the money i make now was a lot of money.....but now i digress....

DJ...suck it up bro, you're getting a good deal. just because somebody is a friend/family don't mean they don't deserve to make a little money off work they do for you. after all it is business. and besides they'll take better care of you than some joe blow at joe blow's body and lube. any way can't wait to see pics when it's all said and done.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
might not be all happening yet. I'm in the middle of figuring out if I got frauded or not from an item I bought on ebay. Guy says it's shipped should of been here yesterday. I'm waiting to see if it comes this weekend. He gave me a fake tracking number but after removing a digit it shows a tracking number for an address that he sent another package to. If not i've already found his name, address, place of employment, his myspace, and possibly his bank account numbers and social security just for kicks. :d. Point in case don't f**k with people who know people that work at a bank. It's so not good for your personal info. Anyway so well see if it comes if not i'm filing papers to have the guy formally charged for fraud and small claims to get my money back.

but if it does come i'm ordering my kaminari rear kit piece and having it painted along with everyhthing.