Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
FYI, edit the stuff that mentions your car being for sale or this thread will be deleted, i only state this cause we have rules about this, so yes you are not allowed to sell or list it for sale till you have met those requirements.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'll buy that vafc if you wanna let it go :mrgreen:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
no remember i just said he's not allowed to sell here yet.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
no remember i just said he's not allowed to sell here yet.
who said anything about selling here :what:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
pop-n-fresh said:
who said anything about selling here :what:
he actually did in his first post.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well i wont buy anything from him here and it'll be all legit :thumbs up

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
pop-n-fresh said:
well i wont buy anything from him here and it'll be all legit :thumbs up
lol, ok that's a plan.

SpecialED

Honda Whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ace$nyper said:
sell one of your other cars trust me losing that rex will come back to haunt you EDs just stick in your blood.
Dude, I think you talked some sense into me. Well, that - and the fact that I went autocrossing in it for what I was planning to be the last time, and I had so much fun that I think I've gotta keep it.

I also sat down and tallied up all the costs I've put into this car - suspension mods, engine rebuild, Fidanza flywheel, V-AFC II, MSD ignition, alarm system, stereo equipment, window tint, etc I mean EVERYTHING - and I came up with right around $4700 (not including the original purchase price of the car for like $2900 back in the day). So it really doesn't make sense to me to sell if for barely over 3 grand . . .

The reason I was planning on selling it is because I'm about to move into my first house, and a little extra cash for fixing up the house, having earnest money in the bank, etc would only be sensible. Also, I have - um, at last count - a total of seven cars (well, that's including the wife's Integra, but I'm paying for insurance on 6 out of the 7 - the last one is a '92 VW caddy pickup that will eventually be a EP autocrosser and isn't street legal).

jspeczcturbo, I will go back and edit the first post to make it clear it's NOT for sale . . . :D

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah still looks sweet, and glad you want to keep her now.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its nice.. so nice.. the interior looks so clean..

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would like to here more on the swap fixing to do one my self

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm glad you decided to keep it..... But damn, 6 cars to pay insurance for..... Maybe you should wittle that down a tad.... :lol:

SpecialED

Honda Whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TheVTECPush said:
I'm glad you decided to keep it..... But damn, 6 cars to pay insurance for..... Maybe you should wittle that down a tad.... :lol:
I know, it does kinda suck, paying for all those cars to be insured - but I'm an old f**k, so my rates are pretty minimal. For example, to insure my beater '92 Accord LX wagon for liability, uninsured motorists, and comprehensive in case my wheels get stolen, or somebody smashes out a couple of windows just for fun (no collision coverage - the car's only worth $1500 or according to the insurance adjusters, and that would only matter if the accident was MY fault), it's only $138 every six months. Those of you who smoke cigarettes spend way more than that on Marboro lights, right?

The most expensive premium I pay is for the wife's '95 GSR sedan - that one is $421 for 6 months, full coverage, $150 deducts for comp and collision.

I know some of you puppies out there prob. pay over $400 every THREE months on your rides . . . more if you've got tickets or a prior DUI, I'm sure.

This is about the only thing cool about being old, guys - cheap car insurance. :roll:

Ace$nyper

happy to hear you keep it and she is lovly still so happy to see it at a track too great to have another real racer on this board.

Contender25

1993 Civic DX hatchback
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its a KEEPER, man your lucky you even have that car and the way it is..you do not know how hard it is for my buds and me to find a clean Si or Hf crx/or civic hatch in our area anymore. Just keep your's it looks great. =)

SpecialED

Honda Whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Contender25 said:
Its a KEEPER, man your lucky you even have that car and the way it is..you do not know how hard it is for my buds and me to find a clean Si or Hf crx/or civic hatch in our area anymore. Just keep your's it looks great. =)
Man, you aren't shittin' - check this out - a '89 CRX Si Ebay auction that ended last week here in Colorado -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4537396686&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

In case the link doesn't work, it had 155,000 miles on it, totally stock, but ZERO rust apparently - ended for $4,050!!!! Man . . . that's a lot for a car that only sold for about $10,000 brand new - 16 YEARS AGO!!!!

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey ED,
just outta curiosity...what camber settings do you use for the track? also what settings do you use for normal daily driving?
the reason i ask is because no matter how much i try to adjust my camber front or back, i cant seem to get the settings in a comfortable daily driving position.
I have a 90 hatch with sprint xtreme springs, tokico blues struts/shocks, ST sways, energy bushings, ingalls camber kit, strut bars all around and a b16 swap (front heavy). I figured since you autoX your rex, you would know about camber settings. Any recommendations?

SpecialED

Honda Whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
red_EF9si said:
hey ED,
just outta curiosity...what camber settings do you use for the track? also what settings do you use for normal daily driving?
the reason i ask is because no matter how much i try to adjust my camber front or back, i cant seem to get the settings in a comfortable daily driving position.
Any recommendations?
Sorry if I'm being dense, but I'm not really sure what your question is. You want a camber setting that works well for daily driving? Meaning, decent tire wear?

I don't change my alignment settings for autocross vs. street driving, although I should. I'm just too lazy for that kind of crap.

I like about 2 degrees of negative camber up front, and 1 to 1.5 degrees negative in the rear. The toe settings of course is really what determines the car's handling and tire wear - toe out in the front gives better turn-in at the track or autocross course, but makes the car darty on the street, and anything over 1/8" total toe will significantly cut down tire life.

Same for the rear - toe out the rear, the car will start to rotate really nicely, maybe too nicely on a short wheelbase car like the CRX. Ideally, you'd want spring rates/sway bars that give you the handling that you desire without resorting to excessive toe settings too.

I just run a compromise street/autocross alignment and know that it's not ideal for either. I use shitty cheap H-rated all season tires on the street most of the time to minimize tire wear.

Let me know if you have other questions - I'll try to be helpful.