8th Gen SI Exhaust on a 8th gen LX ?

ceppto

5+ Year Member
I fI was to order a Greedy Exhaust for the 06 SI do you think it would fit a 06 LX ? I know they have a Tanabee Catback out for the DX, LX EX , but I want Greedy

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no it wont fit, sure the Si and dx,lx,ex look the same but they have two totaly difrent engines so not everything is in the same place.

ceppto

5+ Year Member
probally a stupid ? but whats the diffrence in the axel back and the cat back ?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one is from the axle back and one is from the cat back...

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah it's crazy, but it's exactly how it sounds

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
axel back would in fact fit though :thumbup:

but who buys axle backs :lol: , j/p but yeah the axle backs should fit.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
King Bob said:
but who buys axle backs :lol: , j/p but yeah the axle backs should fit.
people (like myself) who are unforunate enough to have an Si and get perhaps the Tanabe G axel back ;) (kinda sorta in the plans)

ceppto

5+ Year Member
So is the axel back just the Exhaust part that can be fitted to the exhaust piping already on the car or is it the whole exhaust system ? Like new pipes and all ? Also Is Tanabe good ? I want a big fat exhaust not some little ebay looking exhaust

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ceppto said:
So is the axel back just the Exhaust part that can be fitted to the exhaust piping already on the car or is it the whole exhaust system ? Like new pipes and all ? Also Is Tanabe good ? I want a big fat exhaust not some little ebay looking exhaust

it just connects to the stock stuff at the rear axle, tanabe is good but if you want big and fat I would personally suggest a greddy, look in the 8th gen members rides to see pics of a few 8th gen civics with the greddy exhaust,(including mine)

ceppto

5+ Year Member
off topic KINGBOB , but I see you are from Lousiana I grew up there . Only moved to Tampa , Fl about 2 yrs ago due to work , but I grew up in Ruston , La its west of West Monroe and Monroe , LA my wife was born in WestMonroe . But anyways ! Im just saying cause im sure its fun just driving the back roads there . Here its just city , but good cause of all the Imports here and the beaches . good meets on Fri and Sat of about 250- 300 cars in one spot . The only thing is cops bust down on loud exhaust here big time $250 fine sometimes even if your under 93d .