8th gen. springs

bigred1

5+ Year Member
looking forward to dropping my 08 civic lx 1.50 but im bother that their is no spring made for the 08; I was wondering if any other 8th generation springs (06-07) will work? before I order a set.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
06-09 suspension is the same.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
1.5 is NOTHING and barely noticeable. Not worth the money. Go 2"+ or go home.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats just your opinion, i think 1-1.5 inches looks great and still lets you drive around without scraping on every dip

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1.5 is NOTHING and barely noticeable. Not worth the money. Go 2"+ or go home.
that's a pretty flawed opinion..

from personal experience and pictures to prove it (that i'll have to post later) even 1.4" made a helluva difference

It depends what the end driver wants in all reality

USCG Civic

5+ Year Member
i've been looking at springs also, i'm thinking about just saving some money and getting coilovers. i might buy springs in the summer just until i get the coilovers.

bigred1

5+ Year Member
Springs

Ok great feedback, another ? Aren't springs alone good enough to get that drop, if you haven't notice I'm new to honda mod.=)

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes springs will do the trick but you will have to have a spring compressor to mount them on the front strut, or pay someone to do it. and if you get some that are fairly low it will wear the shocks out faster and possibly blow them out sooner than expected.

its_errick

Becoming a regular
5+ Year Member
yes springs will do the trick but you will have to have a spring compressor to mount them on the front strut, or pay someone to do it. and if you get some that are fairly low it will wear the shocks out faster and possibly blow them out sooner than expected.
yeah that was what i was about to ask. if i get the tein springs how faster would it kill my shocks? cause my last car i used tein's whole damper kit so im new to just using springs...

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they do have aftermarket shocks too, but if you spend all that money, you might as well get coilovers if you are planning to eventually anyway

DJ N1S

#1 Stunna
5+ Year Member
looking forward to dropping my 08 civic lx 1.50 but im bother that their is no spring made for the 08; I was wondering if any other 8th generation springs (06-07) will work? before I order a set.

I have Skunk 2 springs on my 08. I have no problem with them. If your going for a nice drop id and IMO noce ride, go with them too.