94 Civic Hatch

CmojiHX

Damn Pigeons
Picked up this Civic from work for 800 bucks hopefully make it into something worthwhile
unfortunately when I started it it started smoking pretty bad and I don't know if its from the amount of oil or something worse... my money is on somthing worse.

RonJ

Banned
What color is the smoke?

Black = fuel
White = coolant
Blue = oil

CmojiHX

Damn Pigeons
My cousin said blue, I couldnt tell really but I'm assuming it is oil because there was a bottle of some sealant in the back of the car and I'm assuming it has to do with the smoke

RonJ

Banned
What kind of sealant?

Burning oil could be caused by a blown head gasket, bad valve seals or piston rings. You need to compression test the cylinders and do cylinder leak down tests.

CmojiHX

Damn Pigeons
Fixed the smoke problem, turned out the gasket was shot probably because the kid was running this car with a bad radiator. \

anyways everythings back together compression tested good but now I have no spark, I tried 3 different dizzys but nothing

any ideas whats the deal?

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if you tried 3 distributors then the coil suspect is out.... if you still don't have spark, are you sure your timing is correct?

you did just replace the head gasket I assume... if the timing is off you would be getting spark but at the wrong times.

I get my b series motors from Hmotorsonline. the guys there are easy to work with and provide all paperwork including mile count on the motor. Ordered to arrival is about 10 days or so.

cBshark

Hmotorsonline.com is pretty good. I bought a sohc zc motor, it took about two-three months for it to arrive due to ups dropping it, but he gave me a money credit and helped everytime i called with questions about the swap