94 honda civic ex running lights not working???

jeremy0156

i have a 94 honda civic ex. and i have tried multiple things and rlly rlly need help ive been pulled over 2 times for no running lights and no license plate lights(turn signals work and head lights work) and ive replaced the light switch as well as the dimmer switch ive checked all fuses and replaced all fuses. ive tapped grounds and replaced back bulbs with correct bulbs and i have gone over all wiring and still do not have any dash lights or any running lights please help asap

RonJ

Banned
Do the taillights work? Are you sure that 10A dash fuse 19 is good?

RonJ

Banned
yea i just checked them wen i reolaced abd recheked today
With the light switch on, do both top test tabs of installed fuse 19 have battery voltage. Click the fuses link in my signature.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I've seen blown fuses where the fuse still looks good. Always check the fuse it self with a test light or multimeter

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

jeremy0156

well i checked some of the wires and.. can anyone tell me where the tail light grounds are speceifilly located

jeremy0156

oh and the guages wont light up either the running lights went out at the same time as my guage lights

RonJ

Banned
You should not work on your car. Find a mechanic and pay him money.

Seriously, do you read any posts in your thread? What don't you understand about this:

FUSE 19 IS BLOWN.

jeremy0156

Fuse 19 IS NOT BLOWN i have replaced fuse with several new fuses its not blown and im still getting power to the fuse

RonJ

Banned
Fuse 19 IS NOT BLOWN i have replaced fuse with several new fuses its not blown and im still getting power to the fuse
Bring your car to a mechanic because you don't understand what you are doing and you don't know how to take advice. Have you considered that every time you install a new fuse 19, it blows immediately when you turn the lights on? Your voltage test told you that fuse 19 is blown. When a fuse has voltage on only one side, it is blown. Period.

RonJ

Banned
Buy a box of 10A fuses. Install a new fuse with the light switch off, and then unplug the taillights, dimmer switch, and radio. When you turn the light switch to parking lights, does this prevent fuse 19 from blowing? Test fuse 19 for voltage on both top test tabs with the light switch set to parking lights to see whether the fuse is blown.

jeremy0156

Buy a box of 10A fuses. Install a new fuse with the light switch off, and then unplug the taillights, dimmer switch, and radio. When you turn the light switch to parking lights, does this prevent fuse 19 from blowing? Test fuse 19 for voltage on both top test tabs with the light switch set to parking lights to see whether the fuse is blown.

ok ill brb in 10 mins

RonJ

Banned
ok i gave that a shot but my dash still didnt light up and the fuse didnt blow
That's great. Tell me exactly what you unplugged when you did the test. By the way, your dash lights should not have come on when the dimmer switch was unplugged.

jeremy0156

i unplugged all if them the dimmer switch...radio and.both back running.lights at once.and replaced fuse.and.then. tried it . . didnt.blow ..shut off the lights hooked.everthing back up and.now they all work. not for sure if it will last tho ... thank u veryvery much

RonJ

Banned
i unplugged all if them the dimmer switch...radio and.both back running.lights at once.and replaced fuse.and.then. tried it . . didnt.blow ..shut off the lights hooked.everthing back up and.now they all work. not for sure if it will last tho ... thank u veryvery much
Well, that works for me. If the fuse blows again in the future, make a post and I'll help you pinpoint the short.