96-98 climate control swap to 99-00

Paul Xiong

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Has anybody swapped a 96-98 climate control to the 99-00 climate control? If so, please let me know how. I have the wiring harness and the climate control but I dont know if I need anything else. Please help. Thanks!:lol:

jonats2k

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is this possible???

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the point of it being....

Ek sLeePer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Paul Xiong
Has anybody swapped a 96-98 climate control to the 99-00 climate control? If so, please let me know how. I have the wiring harness and the climate control but I dont know if I need anything else. Please help. Thanks!:lol:
yes you can do this swapped, you'll need the 99-00 blower, climate control and heater core you dont reall need the wiring harness it plugs up to your old harness

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone have a detailed DIY for noobs?

jonats2k

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone know where to get those parts??? i know they have the console on ebay... but not the blower... any suggestions????

1qikctr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay from what i heard thr my cousin, he has a 99-00 ej, and which means his climate control is "HYDRO" driven, in ur case like me 96-98 our climate control is "CABLE" which means when u installe a "HYDRO" climate you only get HOT air, and regular air."NO AC" other than that you wont get anything else out from a HYDRO in a cable set up EJ !
"correct me if iam wrong with this theory"
"NOTE" my cousin always CUSTOM his ej interior, such as SI front map light, engine start, ctr climate swapping, door handles swapping, pwr window set up, and other custom lil nig nag custom parts on to his EJ ! so i believed him when he told me about it. and his friend who had a "CABLE" climate swap in to a HYDRO climate all he gets is "HOT AIR" from his conversion:lol:

eggie75

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats y he's gonna need the heater core. it should have a valve on it. I'm not sure about the civic conversion, but I'm working on a JDM Digital Climate Control conversion for my lude. The usdm 5th gen lude has a cable and since the jdm unit is digital, it uses an actuator/motor thats mounted on the heater core. Lemme know if anyone gets the civic conversion done. I would be interested in it too.

Paul Xiong

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Will the 99-00 vents be needed also? The 96-98 vents are a little different than the 99-00 vents right?

1qikctr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no !

we're talking about CLIMATE CONTROL ! NOT THE WHOLE DASH ! and as for VENTS 99-00 climate control already comes with it ! if u buy the complete climate control itself ! it should come with vents. 8)

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey man.. if u do the change tell me if its even worth all the work cuz ive been thinkin bout doin it. just doesnt seem like it is.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not worth the time i like my 98 climate controls.

jesjames28

OMG i just bough a 96 HX with the 99-00 climate control mod and the owner had now clue it was in there, all they knew was the old 96 radio didn't fit in right and he didn't know why... sweet deal, it sound like a lot of work to do.