96 civic ex lowering springs????

nw96civicex

5+ Year Member
Hi guys, i have a 96 civic ex with 90k and i want to put lowering springs on the car and want to know how badly do you have to change the shocks or can i just get away with the lowering springs i mean the car has 90k so im not sure what to do. I would like to spend as less as possible and have the car ride nice. lookin into neuspeed lowering springs??

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have the shocks been replaced before? If not I would recommend either replacing the shocks with lower mileage OE's or upgrading before you blow the shocks. I have a tokico/spring sale runnin over in the Sponsor section if you wanna check it out.

Just remember it's your suspension, play it safe. If you have to save a bit more, please save, it'll be worth every penny lol

-Jess

BigDej8

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this can be found easily with a search. if your low on cash just get some quality stock replacements like tokico blues or kyb gr2's as i doubt your stockers will last very long at 90k.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Or cut your springs if you want the cheapest you can get. But remember, don't cop out on suspension.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the same car.. im lowered on neuspeed springs.. i got the advanced auto "monroe sensatrac" front struts on mine.. and im using the stock ones in the back.. they've got over 100k on em.. and they still feel fine.. i really cant complain about the ride too much.. its at a good DD height as well.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah if you can't afford to do it right, just save up until you can.