96 Dx Coupe build

tdaddyross

96 coupe future Ls swap

Hey sup everyone im kinda new to the import scene but have always liked jdm cars but never had the time or money to invest ...until now so heres some pics of my car from 100% stock to what it is today plz feel free to give me any opinions on what would look better or whats a to do or not to do to my car thanks

(i know my hood is very ugly :evil:)
before coilover upgrade

after coilover upgrade slammed 3 inches

after rims + rolled fendes + headlight/tail light upgrade

UPGRADES
Godspeed ss adjustable coilovers

blackworks racing adjustable camber kit

blackworks racing red lugs

rolled fenders

99-00 si rear disk conversion ( I have them just havent installed it yet, waiting for the new rotors and pads to come in)

99-00 rear tail lights

96 front black housing headlights

16" rota slipstreams wrapped in 205-45-16

z6_ftw

pimp fo sho
5+ Year Member
Needs a front lip, oem square fogs, and a paint job. Lookin good so far

tdaddyross

yea i know my buddy keeps tellin me to get a new grill

tdaddyross

i want a decent paint job but i dnt wana spend hella money i been thinkin bout maaco but i hear 2 sides of the story with them

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good so far with the changes you made, need some pics of the motor.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good progress man, keep it up...

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a 00 si grill
si grilles fit on the 99-00 front end, not the 96-98 grill

gotta say, your cars lookin real good. id just get the front end and trim repainted instead of the whole car. carbon fiber hoods look insanely good on black hondas. good job so far! :thumbs up

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I posted some really crappy pics of my engine bay, they are the before pics, then as I upgrade I will add more pics to update, it's cool though, I can understand, I had to get most of the grease off before the first pic I took.

tdaddyross

si grilles fit on the 99-00 front end, not the 96-98 grill

gotta say, your cars lookin real good. id just get the front end and trim repainted instead of the whole car. carbon fiber hoods look insanely good on black hondas. good job so far! :thumbs up
yea that was also my other thought but my clearcoat on my fenders are gone as well so id have to get that re hit too

HondaNINE

Nice man we are in the same boat. Just picked up a 96 Red DX myself. I found some red 99-00 front end pieces for cheap so I will be installing that this summer.

tdaddyross

Nice man we are in the same boat. Just picked up a 96 Red DX myself. I found some red 99-00 front end pieces for cheap so I will be installing that this summer.
whoops lol i meant a 96:oops: lol but yea same difference were both lookin for a grill lol

tdaddyross

ok so i wana add a lip but i dont know the difference between the ctr lip type r lip and any other lips if any one can post pics on each of the lips for 96-98 and say which it is that would help me decide thanks (it doesnt have to be a pic of your personal car )