10+ Year Member
Do what u gotta do. Just save lots of moneysssss

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well back on topic with his build thread.....when you have engines class and doing a built motor? or steering and suspension and getting coilovers

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well back on topic with his build thread.....when you have engines class and doing a built motor? or steering and suspension and getting coilovers
What. Please rephrase that. I did not follow lol.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when do you have engines? doing a built motor?

steering and suspension to put on coilovers?
Next semester probably. I have automotive electrical fundamentals and engine electrical this semester. I wish I had money to buy coilovers. I'm hoping in the summer I'll get a decent job to crank out some cash and just literally transform the car during my second year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Next semester probably. I have automotive electrical fundamentals and engine electrical this semester. I wish I had money to buy coilovers. I'm hoping in the summer I'll get a decent job to crank out some cash and just literally transform the car during my second year.

Sounds like a plan!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had to ghetto rig my overflow tank temporarily till i can go home next weekend and buy a new one. I'm not sure I want to show you cause I'm afraid you'll make fun of me haha.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Update on the car so far.

Ran into an issue with the transmission. Slave cylinder was leaking, so ordered that and will be replacing tomorrow. Then gonna bleed the clutch and hopefully be done with that for now. Also went and lined up my exhaust correctly and made sure the gaskets were on right. Noticed my calipers are starting to get really bad and my pads are very worn. So, gonna have to bite the bullet and get new pads and calipers. I do not know when that will happen as I don't have the money for them. I would consider a rebuild kit, however the pistons are very beat up and one is slightly seized I believe.

Going to be doing something with the appearance. When i get home this weekend, the black hubcaps are coming off and my silver ones are going on. The black on silver is kind of annoying. Hell, I don't even like the silver to begin with lol. Gonna try getting the tints off the corner lights as well. Also, I will eventually be repainting it with the Honda paint code PB-76P if I can be willing to let it go for a month at school. lol, That will probably be next year after I save some money next summer.

I would also like to save up for coils next summer. Right, I will be working a few days awake to pay for gas and things I need for school. Whatever is leftover will be saved for what I need. I have a plan for the car. 98-01 conversion, rebuilt motor and trans, just keep it clean. Daily driver with some flare.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will also need new rotors or machine yours, add that to the list

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like the car isn't so pristine after all....

Sent from my Note 2

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like the car isn't so pristine after all....

Sent from my Note 2
I never said it was. I just said that it ran better than my old car. Its little things. The slave only leaked when I pulled the boot back. Its a 17 year old car. Of course it's going to have issue, but it's still in way better condition mechanically than my other integra. It still gets 37 mpg, and There isn't any noticeable bog. That's why I'm in school, right? So I can fix these things.

Anyways, got my slave, putting it in tomorrow.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will also need new rotors or machine yours, add that to the list
Rotors have less than 5000 miles on them but ill see about having them machined unless buying new would be cheaoee

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New slave is in, clutch bled, and now the clutch feels much better. Not sure whether it was just air in the system or a bad slave, but there is less jerkyness in between shifts.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New slave is in, clutch bled, and now the clutch feels much better. Not sure whether it was just air in the system or a bad slave, but there is less jerkyness in between shifts.
;) atta boy, one step at a time

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
;) atta boy, one step at a time
I must sound retarded or on drugs, but I absolutely love this program and love learning about this.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna go ahead and refresh the brakes. Gonna get pads, seals, clean up the calipers and make sure the pistons seat properly and aren't snagging or getting stuck, and not seized. I also need three new wiper blades because mine are absolutely horrible. And like I've been saying for a month now, hopefully going to put my other hatch on and see if the defroster works and hopefully the gray looks better with the silver. Also want to treat the glass with RainX like Kelly mentioned.

Progress is progress. Wish I could take my toolbox home for the weekend lol.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I should probably pick up an oil pan gasket as well.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I must sound retarded or on drugs, but I absolutely love this program and love learning about this.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna go ahead and refresh the brakes. Gonna get pads, seals, clean up the calipers and make sure the pistons seat properly and aren't snagging or getting stuck, and not seized. I also need three new wiper blades because mine are absolutely horrible. And like I've been saying for a month now, hopefully going to put my other hatch on and see if the defroster works and hopefully the gray looks better with the silver. Also want to treat the glass with RainX like Kelly mentioned.

Progress is progress. Wish I could take my toolbox home for the weekend lol.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I should probably pick up an oil pan gasket as well.
yeah i loved that program, i dont regret it at all. i learned damn near everything there is about a car. i feel confident enough to take on any task that could be involved with a car

you can take your toolbox home....take your car in and just throw it in the back then tuesday drop it off during class

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i loved that program, i dont regret it at all. i learned damn near everything there is about a car. i feel confident enough to take on any task that could be involved with a car

you can take your toolbox home....take your car in and just throw it in the back then tuesday drop it off during class
I may do that. I wanna get this brake work done. Stupid kids ran out in front of my car today and I slammed on the brakes and slid a good 40 feet. I need new pads bad.