96 Integra LS - five speed ;)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
187,639 miles and it sounds like it too, so I decided to use my lab time in school to adjust my valve lash. Upon investigation the valve clearences, I found that most of them were either way too tight or too loose on both the intake and exhaust. Exhaust seems to be the worse of the two however, as they were too tight.

The clearences for the intake are .003-.005 and the exhaust are .006-.008. My exhaust valves on cylinder #1 were less than .006. I decided to snap some pictures for you all since I haven't really had a good update lately. I'm slowly dealing with my transfer through work since they never put it through nor the hours I worked at the been store so I have no income atm.

After this, I am buying oil pan gasket, changing my oil, replacing my coolant, buying a new thermostat, and going to do my timing belt and water pump so I have peace of mind. Car is running great minus the noisy valves though, which makes me happy. The alignment really helped out the comfort in the car and I no longer hate driving it haha.

So enough talking, onto the pictures.

Seems pretty clean for 187,000+ miles. I can't wait to finish and hopefully have a quiet motor again.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why did you take our distributor off?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Quick update. Going to be picking up some much needed stuff this weekend if all goes as planned. She's going to be getting a fresh oil change, OEM oil pan gasket, valve adjustment (again, messed it up the first time), OEM thermostat, replacing the coolant and cleaning out the system, and possibly finally going to paint my valve cover. Would also like to seriously clean the engine and trans down if I have time. Hopefully after this she'll be running quite smoothly while I save to do the timing belt and water pump and the special stuff that I want. I will update with pictures of everything when I get a chance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Picked up new thermostat, oil pan gasket, oil, and coolant. Ran onto a problem where the bolt for the thermostat housing broke off. Fiddled with it for an hour, then my friend saved me and had an extra housing laying around so I bought it and slapped it. After some hassle with getting the right coolant levels, she's running good again. Gonna have to readjust the valves next weekend because it seems I've got a nasty valve tap now. I probably didn't get them all completely right.

Decided to paint my wiper arms as well. Don't have a finished picture so I'll have to get one then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 now Free

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The update is right. There lol. It's running a lot better now. Doesn't overheat at all, coolant is a nice green color, fan turns on like it should. I've just been doing odds and ends like painting my wiper arms, painting the lettering on the front bumper, etc. As far as I know, the new oil pan gasket doesn't leak and oil is good. Just need tires now for winter and so I can put the fat fives on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got no money. That's about it. Gonna be taking my alternator out and rebuilding it in my electrical class.

Sent from my Nexus 7

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got no money. That's about it. Gonna be taking my alternator out and rebuilding it in my electrical class.

Sent from my Nexus 7
do they even make a rebuild kit for it... sometimes it's cheaper to go new lol

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do they even make a rebuild kit for it... sometimes it's cheaper to go new lol
Idk, Rudloff said you can rebuild then.
Its just the pulley that makes noise.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not really an update. Ordered four new speakers so I can actually enjoy driving without my ears bleeding. Also, I'm trying to decide what I want to do with my fat fives. Gunmetal or polished? I'm ordering a new head unit next week, and then next is might start putting the money away for my coils I'm set on racelands. Not sure what the difference is between the regular ones and the ultimos. Things are coming along nicely so far. Car runs pretty nicely now after I got done with all that maintenance work I got done. I've got a big list still of things lefft to do but I'm checking them off one by one. It's coming along.

Sent from my Nexus 7

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Progress is always good.

I vote polished on the fat fives.