96 sohc non vtec transmission

SLMD4DR

5+ Year Member
So here is the problem, when I am at a stop or coming to a stop my car is extremely hard to shift into any gear unless i pump the clutch like twice. Also when i am rolling and my car starts to warm up it is hard to get into 3rd and 5th gear sometimes unless i pump the clutch. I have checked the fluid and it is full and not leaking anywhere i can see. My slave cylinder really squeaks when the clutch pedal is not pressed in, but when you press the clutch in the slave cylinder stops squeaking. Could just my slave cylinder be causing it hard to shift since it is going bad or is it more of a transmission problem. It is a 96 sohc non vtec. Any help would be greatly appreciated before i start replacing parts.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
By slave cylinder do you mean throw out bearing? The slave doesn't move when the clutch pedal isn't operated. How many miles on the car and clutch components?

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
throwout bearing is going might as well buy a new clutch and change both while the transmition is out of the car...new clutch kits come with throwout bearings