96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thank you very much, I got your message =)

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was going to look Into a set of 949 6ul but they are back ordered until June. I guess I'm gonna get another set of kosei K1s.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
949's are nice wheels. probably easier to just find a good condition used set than to order new. im undecided between gunmetal Buddy Club P1's or silver RPF1's when i have the funds for wheels.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
949s crack and break and everyone is cool because people use them on the track and they're cheap, rotas crack and break and they're are horrible.

Just let it sink in

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
949s crack and break and everyone is cool because people use them on the track and they're cheap, rotas crack and break and they're are horrible.

Just let it sink in
I think I get what you're trying to say(internet reading..)

But regardless, yeah, just about any wheel can be prone to cracking. RPF1s have been known to crack and they're twice as much as Rotas and from the same company that makes wheels for Formula 1 cars.. Cracks and the like happen... Just don't hit curbs and massive pot holes and you'll most likely be ok.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay, so I spoke with someone at THmotorsports today and he said they nooo get carry PIC coilovers due tocomplaints with customer service on their end regarding the warranties. But he said they also just picked up fortune auto as a new suspension distributor even though it's not listed on the site. So after some researching the off the shelf rates for ek civics all, are 12f and 6r with 30 level damping adjustability, front camber plates and pillowball mounts for around. You can get custom rates but there is a 3-4 week production wait, all for around1300$. But in reality I don't think I'll ever see a track, so I'm going to end up going with funtion and form type 2 coilovers because I've had a great experience with the type 1s, and they have what I'm looking for, as far as slightly higher rates and adjustable damping. Just thought I'd pop in and share some of that info with you guys, hopefully ordering the new set up in the next week or two.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, there isn't a big enough community around here to get used high end parts off of forums. I've had the type 1s before and didn't adjust the preloads and never went lower than the manufactures' settings, and I had no problems out if them whatsoever. I only daily on the set up anyhow.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, so I spoke with someone at THmotorsports today and he said they nooo get carry PIC coilovers due tocomplaints with customer service on their end regarding the warranties. But he said they also just picked up fortune auto as a new suspension distributor even though it's not listed on the site. So after some researching the off the shelf rates for ek civics all, are 12f and 6r with 30 level damping adjustability, front camber plates and pillowball mounts for around. You can get custom rates but there is a 3-4 week production wait, all for around1300$. But in reality I don't think I'll ever see a track, so I'm going to end up going with funtion and form type 2 coilovers because I've had a great experience with the type 1s, and they have what I'm looking for, as far as slightly higher rates and adjustable damping. Just thought I'd pop in and share some of that info with you guys, hopefully ordering the new set up in the next week or two.
yo, one main reason i picked up PIC was because the company is from Illinois.

I got them localy thru. Profucntion (formerly Factory 5) I was orginally going to pick them up from truehonda.com ( now THmotorsports, according to my research) but I wanted to support the local guys.

Try these Illinois shops , they might distribute.

Profunction (man, these f***ers haven't updated their site but phone number is there, I really hope they're still in businees)
http://profunctionauto.com

One 6 Motorsports
https://plus.google.com/107004869448804990308/about?gl=us&hl=en

Touge Factory
http://www.tf-works.com/

Suja One Motoring
http://www.suja1motoring.com/

RC Autoworks
http://www.rcautoworks.com/

Last edited:

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man I really appreciate it, but I think I'm just going to get the type 2s, my friend has had them for 4 years on his gunmetal s2k with no problems, he's also the 3rd owner of them.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally!!!!! We had so much freaking snow that it took twice as long for my coilovers to get here but they arrived today!!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
An old friend was parting out a 96 integra and I snatched up the brake swap out of it today for 130$. Like a boss. Disassembly has already begun but I have no pics of that part, but I'm planning on replacing everything on them.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
An old friend was parting out a 96 integra and I snatched up the brake swap out of it today for 130$. Like a boss. Disassembly has already begun but I have no pics of that part, but I'm planning on replacing everything on them.

:thumbs up

Nice coilovers and rear disc!

Good deal for those, can't beat that. Looking forward to seeing them redone

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, that's love price on the brakes

doosua

5+ Year Member
Nice pick up and on the Coilovers too. Im guessing youre still going to be using the asr sib. And sway?