97 ek coupe suspension

tirivn18

Honda Loyalty
Im looking for a set of coilovers for my 97 ek coupe. however i dont want to spend a lot of money, and i dont want to buy used either. I heard that gound control coilovers are pretty cheap. im considering lowering springs but i like having the ability to lower or raiser my car when i please. What do you guys think about skunk2 sleeves?

bastok

5+ Year Member
I have ground control sleeves + tokico illumina shocks. Great combo and very settable

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skunk2 has gone way down in quality in recent years. I would stick to another brand. You realize that ground control is a sleeve as well right? Look through the site store, there is a sale going on right now for everything. You might find what you are looking for.

I would recommend looking through the stickies in the suspension forum if you have any questions about suspension. One of the main ones answers pretty much what you just asked...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im looking for a set of coilovers for my 97 ek coupe. however i dont want to spend a lot of money, and i dont want to buy used either. I heard that gound control coilovers are pretty cheap. im considering lowering springs but i like having the ability to lower or raiser my car when i please. What do you guys think about skunk2 sleeves?
how much are you Willing to afford?

the ability is nice but will you actually have the need for?

go with lowering springs and shocks.

andrewthesith

Darth "The Si" Vader
there are SO many options. we need to know price, desired feel, etc.

just going off of the OP, my suggestion is Ground Control sleeves with Koni Yellow struts.

my next option would be D2, Function & Form, or any other coilover in that bracket. they are all made pretty much in the same factory.. just different colors.

if you really want trackable coils, that's out of my zone.

tirivn18

Honda Loyalty
how much are you Willing to afford?

the ability is nice but will you actually have the need for?

go with lowering springs and shocks.
i dont care that much about how it rides, im just looking to go low. and i dont want to spend more than $500

my93civic

If you don't care about anything else other then looks just get ebay sleeves. They ride like s**t but will get you low. I have f&f type 1 and I'm slammed and I like the ride

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont care that much about how it rides, im just looking to go low. and i dont want to spend more than $500
Save money for a better set then. Buy s**t, you will get s**t and you'll have to replace them again sooner than you care to.

then just cut your oem springs
:umno:

If you don't care about anything else other then looks just get ebay sleeves
See above ^

But as [MENTION=133246]my93civic[/MENTION] mentioned, F&F Type 1 are not very far out of your price range and are a way better option than ebay sleeves or cutting oem springs or putting lowering springs on oem struts.

my93civic

Trust us, you'll hate the ride on a cheap setup. The ff were like 650 shipped

my93civic

Well dam, I spent too much but it was earlier this year though. Screw cutting the springs just heat em up. Half joking :D

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have Function Form type ones. I love them. This is the second car I've had them on. Perfect for me and I DD