97 Hatch aka the chipmunk nest...(lawts o' pics)

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The thought has crossed my mind, I already keep a jack and my tools in the spare tire compartment since the one in the car was dry rotted. There is room in the area that was under the seats for some cables but not much else lol. Raising it is a good idea though, thanks for the input it always helps.
That'd be a nice little road trip car.

packers#1

dang nice job cleaning that thing up! I'm also really liking that diy rear seat delete, very clean. I gotta admit it looked pretty cool with the bare metal headliner, but that one you made yourself looks pretty sweet man

EJ Dewd

That'd be a nice little road trip car.
Will actually be taking one next month down to Orlando I think, so I should know after the 10 hour drive how nice it is on long trips lol.

dang nice job cleaning that thing up! I'm also really liking that diy rear seat delete, very clean. I gotta admit it looked pretty cool with the bare metal headliner, but that one you made yourself looks pretty sweet man
Thanks! And yes I agree I liked the look to and if I was going to strip it out completely it would definitely keep it that way, but I really want to get all of the interior nice and new lol so for now the carpet will be next to complete it. And if i can find them black interior pieces.

EJ Dewd

With the eibach pro kit installed. It's been about a week now and the front is not really settling down as low as I thought. Anyone have experience with these kits? I know it takes about a week for the springs to settle but its not really going down very much at all from the install.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I was considering getting the pro kit for my em1, but I'll wait till u figure this one out first lol!

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
I would call them and tell them about your problem and see if they can enlighten you.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

EJ Dewd

I was considering getting the pro kit for my em1, but I'll wait till u figure this one out first lol!
Yea it's honestly weird because it handles a lot better cornering wise it's just still "monster trucking" as friends like to say lol.
I would call them and tell them about your problem and see if they can enlighten you.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Very true, my only concern with calling them is I'm sure they'll ask if I had it proffessionally installed and I didn't because there was no need lol. But we will see.

EJ Dewd

So pretty sure my problem would be my lack of paying attention. >< The pro kit only lower about an inch unfortunately so if you're going for lower and you want the eibach get the sportline kit or whatever its called, its about a 1.5' drop if i'm not mistaken. I'm still looking for a little lower than that so not sure which way i'm going to go whether it be new springs or what we will see.

Lesson learned, expensive mistake to have made.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why not save for a coilover kit? :what:

Looks good though, s**t was gross...

EJ Dewd

Thanks, and yes I have thought about waiting for a coilover kit like I should have done at first. We will see, just don't want to waste the ones ive got. They ride great just not quite low enough for me.

EJ Dewd

Small update, nothing really big done yet but did some small stuff.

While changing my oil i noticed this lovely dent on the oil pan. All I have to say about it is, how?......

And I would imagine this would be where my oil is going.

And tonight while fixing my cigarette lighter i decided to add some lighting down by the cup holder because I don't like the lack of visibility even with the LED dome light.
First without at night-

And next with at night-

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
which LED,s did you use on your climate control? cause i have a spare one, (and gauge cluster) that i was thinking of doing it to.

do they still dim when you use the switch?

EJ Dewd

Dented oil pans arent that uncommon. You will want to get it fixed though.
Yea i suppose i could just go ahead and replace all of it while i'm at it if the gasket is gone to.

which LED,s did you use on your climate control? cause i have a spare one, (and gauge cluster) that i was thinking of doing it to.

do they still dim when you use the switch?
I used some cheap ones off of ebay, I got 10x24 LED strips for like $12.00 i'm wanting to say. They're the ones lighting up my entire car so I would say the wait for them was worth it. And yes they do still dim off of the switch. If you want I can try to find the DIY thread I followed and the seller on ebay I got the strips from when I get home. At work right now but pretty positive ive got it saved on my computer at home.