98 Civic cx hatch

dillon_1213

Dillon's 98 Hatch

Its my first car Ive ever owned and I love it, its great on gas, fun to drive, and runs great.
Only problem is the lady who owned before me drove it under a truck and effed up the front end, but I'm working on it. All it needs is a hood now(I think).
[Oh by the way I paid for the car and everything for the car so it means a lot to.]

Specs
*d16y7 5 speed manual
*z6 intake manifold with the thermal gasket thats been ported
*AEM shortram
*Ebay short throw shifter
*Yellow fogs
*Infinity sub (from my buddy) its in a sealed box and I have alpine type S speakers all around.

Maintenance
*New timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, oil pan gasket, air filter, rotors and pads, and tires.
^IF I had tire changing machine I would of done it all myself^ I do my own work on my car.

Mods to come​
*Some better front seats (because my back kills sometimes when I have to drive far)
*Headers and full exhaust (non ebay crap, only name-brand)
*Blackworks racing subframe brace and lca and strut bar braces
*16 inch rims I dont know what I want yet.
*Ctr lip
*The new hood (I got for xmas and new grill will be painted along with the sideskirts, mirrors, and the other trim to match the car.)
*20% tint up front and 10% in the back
~99-00 tails and spoiler for the hatch~
-Y8 head ported and polished. Rocking a big cam.-

Motor plan
*Obd1 conversion and change the cam to 272 or 262 regrind, build the bottom end, then turbo it.

Interior

^I took out the ghey shift knob^

Exterior

Engine Bay

Pictures to come
*Intake that have been on forever.
*Plus some of the fogs even though one is cracked which I dont know how it happened but pissed me off.
*Maybe some with the new hood and grille put on, before paint just to see how out of whack the rad support really is.
Future Motor
*B18 totally built.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like what you have going on and look forward to this. But, what wheels are you going to put in the 16" rims?

2000HondaCivic

nice dude engine is super clean....it does feel nice when everything put in the car is by you and you do it yourself, mad props lol does anyone even say that anymore?

dillon_1213

Thank you guys..
My buddy is selling me a b16 swap for like 650 for everything,, its the 99 si.
Im also going to paint that hood and trim soon.
Rim ideas anyone?

dillon_1213

Things I'm doing to it soon
-Hood and trim paint-
-s tech springs-
-or h&r springs and skunk2 shocks-
-tinted windows in a few weeks-
my freind was hooking me up like 76 bucks cuz i drove him everywhere so hes throwin down that for my tint
B16 swap this summer after i build it and then turbo it [A freind selling me it for 650]
-ctr lips-
-energy suspension bushings-
-better seats and an arm rest-

dillon_1213

Yes please but i wanna start fresh sence this is my daily tell I save up enough for a truck. Being 17 and hardly working for hyvee makes money hard to get. But hopefully ill get a this summer job for the county [11.25 an hour 40 a week] just mowing and washing the cars and stuff,
*UPDATE*
-crank shaft position sensor is shot and needs to be replaced-
then my o2 sensor cam out, it had effed up threads because i got it from the junk yard effed up, and my exhaust manifold cracked more on the way to see my girl.
It was so raspy coming out the o2 sensor hole, I'll have to fix it before school tomorrow....

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car looks good, but please proofread your posts before you submit them. So many mistakes make it hard to read.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Solids platform to start off with, but these are my least favorite hatchback.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A little inspiration to ditch the D :D

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
a little inspiration to ditch the b and get a k

dillon_1213

Does anyone else have wood now?? haha B16 is what I can afford its in my budget and was my predetermined motor that I wanted to swap in when I first got my car.
Anyways I cleaned my car really really well, I took the wheels and presure washed the fender wells and all that good stuff, I plan on taking some pics maybe tomorrow

dillon_1213

UPDATE
The windows tinted 20% all the way around
NEXT
paint the hood and trim and throw some tein s techs on it and save for some rims.

Got a job interview for a hotel reservation place and they pay pretty well.