98 Hatch suspension

percyr22

Im new to site would like to know what's the best suspension setup for this car. I want car lowered but to have factory ride still. I'm going to put on 15 inch wheels :cool:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
First of all :welcome: to CC.

What are you plans for the car? Just want something a little lower? Do you have any plans to do any racing with the car?

From the limited knowledge on the question I would suggest a good set of lowering springs, not coilovers, and some new struts. What price range are you looking at?

mr00si

asked thousands of times but if you want it super low get coilovers but just a mild drop get springs

percyr22

I don't want car slammed just a good look with 15 inch wheels and ride smooth. Plans are swap in summer B18 just got car a month ago. Car is like new got from a friend that is anal about his cars all factory. Ill post pics tomorrow

meek61480

98 civic hb b16a
i would say decent coilovers no matter what. that way you have a strut thats able to compress farther than stock, and most of the good coilovers are tuned to the spring. i just installed H&R coilovers on my 98 hatch, the ride is very nice, just an opinion though

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your looking for a mild drop, I'd say go with tein s techs, I've heard that they ride real smooth and have like 1.5 - 2 inch drop max and you can use them on oem struts

percyr22

Thanks for all the input I thing I'm going to with springs and struts not sure which ones yet.

percyr22

98 Hatchback spring stance

I would like to see some picture of everyone's cars with springs and struts. I'd like to see the stance of your cars. Please let me know what springs and struts you have and wheel size.
My car is all factory and starting a new project.
Thanks.....

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do u really need two threads about this?

And seriously use the search function and google before u post!

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
theres a sticky in the "wheels/tires/suspension" section dedicated to this topic, go look at it. it'll be one of the first threads when you click on that section