99-00 CF Hood

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys, does anyone know of a 99-00 CF Hood that comes with holes already cut for the washer's? I've been looking around and I can't find one. I would love a CF Hood as my hood currently is going to be replaced at the expense of my work since they f**ked it up and the estimate is $1200 for the repair. SO my idea is to get a CF and pocket the rest.

Also, any brands to stay away from? If i can't find one the washer holes already, how hard would it be to cut them out, ive never tryed to cut CF but i imagine a dremel would cut it like butter. Also, ive heard its a good idea to have a few layers of clearcoat sprayed on a CF Hood for extra protection and shine, any thoughts on this?

Lastly, does anyone have pics of a Electron Blue Civ, with a CF Hood and a CF front lip? Trying to decide if I like that look together or not.

Flip8Speed

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
carbon creations.dont get cf lip, it would b to much cf in the front, but hey thats up to you,your car your style.or you can try SEbon cf

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VIS has them cut in, dont buy anything new from them without seeing it first. They screwed me over on my trunk but I bought my hood used so I got a great deal and got to see it in person first.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BEST f**king HOODS MONEY CAN BUY: composites fab these hoods are GEL coated, not clear coated, lasts 10x longer and more durable. these hoods are better than any other carbon hoods you can buy

KEVLAR Gel coated

CARBON Gel coated

...with squirter holes

Last edited:

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BEST f**king HOODS MONEY CAN BUY: composites fab these hoods are GEL coated, not clear coated, lasts 10x longer and more durable. these hoods are better than any other carbon hoods you can buy
most expensive hoods I've ever seen, never heard of them but for that price I would guess its a good product

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my cars not ebp colored but its close

vis hood ( came with washer holes)
seibon c/f lip

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice, thanks for the link on those hoods, im actually thinking about getting one of there's. The method they use to put it together sounds alot better than others i have read, I just need to research it see if people have fitment problems.

As for being the most expensive, its still no where near the cost of the $1100 Spoon hoods.

Thanks for the pics! I have to agree with the above person, I think the lip throws it off with the hood. Seems like the bumber should be CF as well at that point. Thats cool though, I appreciate the pics! Now its time to get to researching this mess and figure it out. BTW, how was the fitment on VIS hood, just curious as I have heard nothing but bad things about them.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my friend had problems with his VIS hood on his RSX, the clearcoat wore off over one summer and there was a gap between the fender and hood. he got a SEIBON and it looks great. the only reason i back composites fab over anyone else is because they are gel coated, not clearcoated. it lasts 10x longer. also they are vacuum infused which makes them more durable and precisely made

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the hood on my car fits perfect..i tried it on another civic before mine cause my alignment is off already anyways cause of my 3 past accidents =(

KoketsuCivicSi

MySpace Whore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my seibon hood had the holes predrilled

my friends vis hood had the holes predrilled

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Little info, composites fab went out of business. I have a hood from them, it sucks ass. Finish is uneven like a mine field.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
VIS CF Hood

Do Not Get EBAY VIS!!!!!!!!

Call the company and order directly, I paid less than $600 for mine, and thats the Invader style, so you should be able to get an OEM cheaper

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Little info, composites fab went out of business. I have a hood from them, it sucks ass. Finish is uneven like a mine field.
:?::?::?:

ive seen half a dozen of their hoods and they were perfect. i didnt know they went out of business either :(