99-00 EK Front End On a Del Sol? Is It Hard Work?

Sean Gibson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Really wanna do this guys,just need to know whats involved.Do the EK parts have to be modified in any way to fit onto the Del Sol? If so,what needs done etc

Thanks guys!

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know about the 6th gen front end but i have seen a 5th gen front end on a del sol already. I dont think it would be hard with a 5th gen front b/c its the same chasis

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not sure how hard it would be, but a 6th gen front end on a Del Sol looks very odd. The front looks extrememly huge and overhanging compared to the rest of the car.

ryanM

it looks really good, what you have to do is use the rear 3/4 of the sol fenders and the front 1/4 of the civic ones, and cut, weld and bondo them up so that they look nice and fit.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
some one post up some pics if they have the chance...! I'm interested in what this looks like. =)

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
teh 5th gen looks really good almost like you dont even notice it was done. but the 6th gen looks kinda bad. just my oppnion

DEEGORILLA06

HATERZ NIGHTMARE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
it looks really good, what you have to do is use the rear 3/4 of the sol fenders and the front 1/4 of the civic ones, and cut, weld and bondo them up so that they look nice and fit.
this is one part.the next part is cutting out your radiator support and get a radiator support of a ek and weld it to your chassi where your delsol radiator support was.3rd step is getting a ek hoodand lights.dont worry it lines up like butter.and your all set.so remember you need 2 of 1/4 of ek fenders,ek radiator support,lights,hood and bumper.and thats it.u dont have to be a body man to do this on your own.trust me i did it to my crx with a rsx front 1 year ago.and thats way harder then what u wanna do.

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know yall seen the ORIGINAL F&F. That white Sol had it. I must admit that I did like the coversion.

Inigo Montoya