'99-'00 Si coupes, report here

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Can you please all post up what your car's color code is (PLEASE check the door panel because theyr'e not all obvious colors).

Apparently some of the '99 Si coupes came in Roma Red. I thought it might just be a typo when I saw it in the Repair Manual, but the EPC says the same thing too.

Thanks for any help. =)

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Milano Red

R81
A4 YS42

PEARLelectron

Banned
NOFX said:
I just want to see if we have any Roma Red Si coupes here. Most peopel think the colors of the Si are limited to:
Electron Blue Pearl
Flamenco/Starlight Black Pearl
Milano Red

Come to find out, it seems Honda is saying that in 1999 there were some Roma Red Si coupes.

Is it really that big of a deal for me to make a thread over something I'm curious about that's related to Civics and not get hassled in any way, shape or form for a simple question? ;)
yea its still a pretty big deal

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's your problem? ^^

I'm pretty sure my car isn't roma red though :lol:

I'm pretty sure it was EBP before and it got repainted FBP, theres some overspray and also theres hints of EBP on the front lip, and in certain parts of the engine bay.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
What's your problem? ^^

I'm pretty sure it was EBP before and it got repainted FBP, theres some overspray and also theres hints of EBP on the front lip, and in certain parts of the engine bay.
Weird... Did you check under the car, behind the bumpers or under interior plastics/carpetting? Do you still have your door jamb stickers?

I just think it'd be neat to prove that there was a Roma Red Si. If there is one, wouldn't it be kind of neat to have one here?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Weird... Did you check under the car, behind the bumpers or under interior plastics/carpetting? Do you still have your door jamb stickers?

I just think it'd be neat to prove that there was a Roma Red Si. If there is one, wouldn't it be kind of neat to have one here?
The door jam sticker says

INT COLOR: Type K

EXT COLOR: NH592P (K4 Y942)

I'm not sure exactly what that means, but theres definitly EBP splashed around here and there.

It would be cool to see a roma red, or any other si thats not the standard 3 colors. Especially on clubcivic.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
The door jam sticker says

INT COLOR: Type K

EXT COLOR: NH592P (K4 Y942)

I'm not sure exactly what that means, but theres definitly EBP splashed around here and there.

It would be cool to see a roma red, or any other si thats not the standard 3 colors. Especially on clubcivic.
Well, you can't order new door stickers. So maybe what happened is your front bumper or lip (or both) got repainted on your car. I know that's how they would paint bumpers and such where I got my car. They painted them right outside on the lot. The might explain the overspray and the bits in your engine bay too.

PEARLelectron

Banned
Going-West said:
What's your problem? ^^

front end damaged and replaced with an ebp bumper maybee?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PEARLelectron said:
front end damaged and replaced with an ebp bumper maybee?
That is possible, it was in a small accident sometime is the past before I bought it.

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Only 3 colors were available for USDM Si's. MR, EBP, FBP. Only way there's Roma Red Si's is if someone resprayed one. I'm sure that's probably a typo b/c I would've seen or heard about a RR EM1 by now for sure.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SIRIUS said:
Only 3 colors were available for USDM Si's. MR, EBP, FBP. Only way there's Roma Red Si's is if someone resprayed one. I'm sure that's probably a typo b/c I would've seen or heard about a RR EM1 by now for sure.
The only place I've heard say there is a Roma Red Si is Honda. It's only listed for 1999.

I'm sure there could be some out there that go undetected. I mean, most people think Eran's hatch is the same color as my coupe. I've seen multiple peopel who own hatches think that they're Milano Red, but then they check, and come to find out, the code is R-97.

I woulcn't be surprised that most people, when wondering their car's color, just read down the list and say, "Oh, that sounds like my color." It's probably more likely for Si owners because it's well spread that the Si only came in three very different colors. It's not like you're going to confuse Elctron Blue Pearl and Flamenco Black Pearl. But Milano Red and Roma Red are often confused. The biggest difference is the Roma is a little more orange, the Milano a little more pink, and the Milano has a tricoat. It can be difficult to tell in photos though (unless the cars are next to each other).

The only thing I'm confused about is that I've never seen that Roma Red was painted at the US coupe plant.

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
The only place I've heard say there is a Roma Red Si is Honda. It's only listed for 1999.

I'm sure there could be some out there that go undetected. I mean, most people think Eran's hatch is the same color as my coupe. I've seen multiple peopel who own hatches think that they're Milano Red, but then they check, and come to find out, the code is R-97.

I woulcn't be surprised that most people, when wondering their car's color, just read down the list and say, "Oh, that sounds like my color." It's probably more likely for Si owners because it's well spread that the Si only came in three very different colors. It's not like you're going to confuse Elctron Blue Pearl and Flamenco Black Pearl. But Milano Red and Roma Red are often confused. The biggest difference is the Roma is a little more orange, the Milano a little more pink, and the Milano has a tricoat. It can be difficult to tell in photos though (unless the cars are next to each other).

The only thing I'm confused about is that I've never seen that Roma Red was painted at the US coupe plant.
Do you have a link to the info saying there is Roma Red Si's? Because I have the sales literature from when I bought my car and it specifically lists only the 3 colors I have stated (FBP/EBP/MR).

Perhaps they are referring to CDM Si's (IE:US EX)?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SIRIUS said:
Do you have a link to the info saying there is Roma Red Si's? Because I have the sales literature from when I bought my car and it specifically lists only the 3 colors I have stated (FBP/EBP/MR).

Perhaps they are referring to CDM Si's (IE:US EX)?
https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=1514&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year=1999&hp_series_door_ext_grade=2DR+SI&hp_series_transmission=5MT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=G&hp_component=B++4211

Roma Red. Its just like that in our catalog at work.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's only listed for the '99 Si too. Some of the parts listed int he USDM EPC for the '99 Si, coming in Roma Red. I suspect this EPC is NOT used for Canada, because I can't find parts for Canadian cars (It has Acura models, but no EL. It also has no listing for the airbag blockoff tray, which some Canadian 6th gens have.).

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think you can chalk that up as a misprint. Remember that somewhere someone had to "data entry" all that info and more than likely just an error of some sort.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WTF???? According to the parts catalog, it says they came in SBP and not FBP. HUH?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SIRIUS said:
I think you can chalk that up as a misprint. Remember that somewhere someone had to "data entry" all that info and more than likely just an error of some sort.
It's the same in the repair manual and it's lots of parts, not just one or two on a single section.

the EPC sk8shorty uses at work should be an updated version of what I have. It would be odd for them to not edit an error on the EPC. It would be odd for something so simple to be passed over since even a single digit being wrong on a part number could cause the wrong part to show up at Honda.
Trbolvrcrx said:
WTF???? According to the parts catalog, it says they came in SBP and not FBP. HUH?
Starlight Black Pearl and Flamenco Black pearl are the same color, just a different name. Same code and all.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Trbolvrcrx said:
Oh I didnt know that. Why would they do that???
No idea. It seems mostly that the name Starlight is used in Europe and Canada. It appears some online parts finders use both US and Canadian models and part numbers, so that might be why you see both names there (for example, HondaPartsDeals.com lists a '93 EX-S coupe, which we didn't have in the US).

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
We did have the 99 00 EX special edition (not sure about the 96 98.). And my best friend had a 2000 one and wrecked it. It was fully loaded front/rear lip, foglight's, spoiler.

Did we have a 92 95 EX Special Edition??? Perhaps that is what their talking about? Not sure just guessing here.