99 civic conversion on a 93 delsol

dummycivic

5+ Year Member
Ok I'm having trouble putting a 99 civic front end on a 96 delsol. we got everything on but the hood is giving us the most problem right now. We switch out the rediator support, cut the fenders, bondle, got the 99 civic hinges but the hoood is not fitting in properly. Every civic part is oem, not aftermarket. Anyone got any answer?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Bondle??

Has the Del Sol been in an accident before?

PS: Rice or not, EK Front ends on Del sols look awesome!

dummycivic

5+ Year Member
Bondle... cause we have to cut the front delsol fenders and put the civic front fenders together... so it can fit the headlight..

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think he means bondo

oooitzcreeperz

EK balla
5+ Year Member
Dude that's pretty crazy doin a 99 conversion. You wanna post some pictures up when you're done? I'd love to see what that would look like !! =D

Can't wait to check it out after it's all done ^^

tegpower18

5+ Year Member
i would think on that extensive of a conversion u would need to do the whole core support??

whiteej8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you take a look at fast and the furious one there is a del sol there with a 99-00 front end......as a matter of fact it looks exactly like the picture above......

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What made you think the hood was going to line up? I know a 92-95 hood will line up but I don't think a 96-98 or 99-00 will. I think it will need some custom fabrication. My buddy did an EG Civic front end conversion and he had to custom fab the fenders and get a Civic radiator support and then it worked. I don't think it's as easy with an EK front end though.