99 civic engine swap (maybe)

Swallowbird

I have a 99 civic ex 5 spd with a d16y7 it's turboed now what would be a better engine that I can swap in it and just transfer my turbo, new to civics was a bike guy before I bought this

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
I have a 99 civic ex 5 spd with a d16y7 it's turboed now what would be a better engine that I can swap in it and just transfer my turbo, new to civics was a bike guy before I bought this
You pretty much have to stay in the D-series family with the turbo on there. best you can really do is a mini-me swap (swapping the head to a y8 - vtec). otherwise you can try to get other parts (new header for turbo, have to fabricate to fit new intake minfold, and other various things). if you're making power, not really a need to swap the motor!

Swallowbird

Okay that's what I was wondering my engine only has 110k miles and runs like a champ so no need to swap I guess haha ill just do the head swap

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You pretty much have to stay in the D-series family with the turbo on there. best you can really do is a mini-me swap (swapping the head to a y8 - vtec). otherwise you can try to get other parts (new header for turbo, have to fabricate to fit new intake minfold, and other various things). if you're making power, not really a need to swap the motor!
Why? Just get a b series turbo manifold, and the b series intake is damn near in the exact same spot as a d series. Everything else is should really swap over with ease.