99 Civic keeps getting air in cooling system...

JinCivic

I have a 1999 Honda Civic. I keep getting air in cooling system cause I can hear air going thru my heater core and coolant loss. This is what I did so far...

Replaced heater core hoses, upper hose, radiator cap, thermostat, bleed cooling system for 30 mins running.

It does have a werid aftermarket radiator, but I dont see any leaks or steam coming out of the radiator or hoses.

Did a block test and it came negative so I know its not a head gasket leak. Also the car runs fine, idles fine.

No overheat.

Please help me!!!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I have a b16 that does the same thing, and I have replaced basically all the same parts as you. I kept adding coolant to the overflow tank every once and a while when it was low, and it eventually stopped. I guess the system bleeds weird. Seems like short of using a flush machine (which I have at work haha), it is difficult to bleed a system with the t-stat on the lower hose, unless there is a bleeder valve somewhere.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
i bet its the heater core does it smelll funny in your car? when you turn on the heater?

JinCivic

heater core is fine i believe, no coolant in the floor, no sweet smell coming out of the vents

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how are you bleeding the system? When bleeding the system do you have the nose of the car elevated off the ground?

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how are you bleeding the system? When bleeding the system do you have the nose of the car elevated off the ground?
I don't mean to thread jack so I apologize, but how long you been rolling Greg? I've been in the game 3 years and have my bb.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't mean to thread jack so I apologize, but how long you been rolling Greg? I've been in the game 3 years and have my bb.
11 years and im still a purple belt. been a purple for about 5 years now

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I have a 1999 Honda Civic. I keep getting air in cooling system cause I can hear air going thru my heater core and coolant loss. This is what I did so far...

Replaced heater core hoses, upper hose, radiator cap, thermostat, bleed cooling system for 30 mins running.

It does have a werid aftermarket radiator, but I dont see any leaks or steam coming out of the radiator or hoses.

Did a block test and it came negative so I know its not a head gasket leak. Also the car runs fine, idles fine.

No overheat.

Please help me!!!
One thing I like to do is buy rad caps with the lever action venting. Makes bleeding the air so much easier. Park the car on an incline, let it idle and keep the tab lifted to bleed. Then refill as needed until you pull the tab up and no air comes out. Pretty easy.... If that's your problem I mean. Good luck!