99 si cluster to 98 ex

webcamcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just wanted to know if i can put the gauge cluster from a 99-00 si on my 98 civic ex without any mods

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes. search > joo

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only thing I know that's different between 96-98 and 99-00 is the front end. Everything else should be able to swap with no problems. I already swapped the Si gauge cluster into my 99. Only thing that was leftover was one wire that used to be plugged in on my ex cluster.

EJ's Rule!

Got V-TEC??
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mmm?? no wires are supossed to be left hanging there... every wire has to plug somewhere... anyways.. ITS JUST PLUG AND PLAY bro... it will fit without any modifications and no wires are to be left hanging.... they're there for a purpose...

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Redbone said:
the only thing I know that's different between 96-98 and 99-00 is the front end.
oh theres more than that, but as far as the gauge cluster, it can pop right in

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Redbone said:
the only thing I know that's different between 96-98 and 99-00 is the front end. Everything else should be able to swap with no problems. I already swapped the Si gauge cluster into my 99. Only thing that was leftover was one wire that used to be plugged in on my ex cluster.

really,...so where did u connect that wire?? :roll:

boost_92

I NEVER SAID IT WAS FAST!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
plug and play bro. I got a 97ex cluster in my 00dx hatch. I even swapped out the speedo so my miles would be correct. real easy.

haphazard

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the plug that was not used may go to ?ABS?....if its orange than that is for ABS i think

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure you remember you can't rev to 8grand jut cuz theres a red line there =)