99 Si front bumper and grill onto 98 EX?

NowTheWorld

proof that it doesnt work. I got my cf hood the other day from a guy with a 99-00 front end swap on his 98 ex. it fits my 98 perfectly and is way too narrow on his front end swap.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u need the entire front end. the radiator support,is optional.,if u re use urs u would have to,alter it. Also I had to alter my front end support in order to fit my fog lights. I reuse my own front end support, 97.

Sent from my HTC MyTouch using Tapatalk 2

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
proof that it doesnt work. I got my cf hood the other day from a guy with a 99-00 front end swap on his 98 ex. it fits my 98 perfectly and is way too narrow on his front end swap.
You can't just take a hood from either 96-98 or 99-00 and swap it onto the opposite. You need the entire front end conversion: hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, grill.

Zedicous

Since they both look almost alike i would think you only need the front bumper cover.

UncleHonrod

2 time Civic owner
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:roll:

Just because something looks similar doesn't mean it is. I changed some stuff to 99-00. Tails, and all 4 seats. All bolt up. Everything else needs alot more stuff

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Since they both look almost alike i would think you only need the front bumper cover.
Maybe it's because I've had my Civic for 8 years now but they look absolutely nothing alike to me.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I changed my support to the 99 00 because the 96-98 radiator support has about a 1/2 in height difference on how the front bumper connects to it (top connection). And when I mean alter I mean cutting the metal at angles using a dremmel. im a,perfectionionist so I replaced mine to the 99 00. However I realize my front end was not align. At that point I wished I would of left my radiator support alone. I ended up paying someone to realign it before it got painted. Paint n bodywork for $700. It was a deal because most body shops were charging $300-$400 jusy to align the front.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I cant believe u guys r still not getting it in here...