A/C Issues 99 Civic Ex Coupe

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys,
My car has had an issue with the AC rattling the car when it's in drive and idling. However, the other day I noticed another issue. With the car idling and the AC on, the engine started to sound to me like the it was rocking back and forth or something. It continued to do this even if I put it in neutral (usually when I do this, the vibration stops). I turned the AC off and it stopped doing it. When I turned the AC back on, it did it again, this time no cold air. I didn't have cold air again until I started driving again.

It did the same thing again later today as well.

Any ideas on either issue?

Thanks

RonJ

Banned
Check:

• for broken motor and front torque mounts
  • whether the condenser fan runs when you turn on the A/C
  • whether the condenser is heavily clogged with bugs and road debris

firejackal

5+ Year Member
My AC doesn't work so I can't go based off of that, so instead my only guess is the AC compressor's clutch is stopping the belt from moving.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check:

• for broken motor and front torque mounts
  • whether the condenser fan runs when you turn on the A/C
  • whether the condenser is heavily clogged with bugs and road debris
Thanks
I'll check on that when I get home

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So today I went and got a recharge kit. The guy at the store told me to refill the system to about 45-55 psi. However when I hooked up the gauge it was already at 100 psi, rose to 150 and then would drop back down, and then rise again. Any ideas?

RonJ

Banned
So you decide to recharge your A/C system, but you have no idea whether it's low on refrigerant charge? Don't be a newby hack. Answer the questions asked in your thread before you do anything else because you don't understand how to diagnose A/C problems. Otherwise, don't waste people's time by making a thread.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My compressor did this when it failed, but you should be following what RonJ has said. The man is quite good at this stuff.

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh yeah, the fan doesn't really run when the car is idling. It will come on sometimes but most of the time it turns off.