A/C not cold?

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
hey i just realized the other day when i went for a long drive to my cousins house , my A/C doesnt work i mean its on and everything but when i turn it to COLD it doesnt blow out cold air just blowing out like air not cold wat so ever. any body else have this problem because im in CALI and its getting to where its like 102 degrees outside and i need A/C . -thanks

-Anthony-

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pfff 102...lol...we get 112 here in phx...anyways check ur freon...you can buy those refill bottles of R134a in walmarts and such stores..

Goodmayn

5+ Year Member
well does the compressor come on or are you just sucking in air from outside and blowing it around? we need more info yo

ryanM

mines like that too, i got it recharged but it only lasted for like a day, so im gonna bring it back and have them inspect for leaks.

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well my bro's car was like that like a day ago.Turned on and everything but blew hot ass air.He recharged it not too long ago so that wasn't the prob.He checked out some fuses and that was the case. He found a blown fuse ( don't know which one) replaced it and bingo back in great working order cold as IcE. Not 100% sure if that's ur case but it's worth a try. GL

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
thanks yea, it sucks ass i swear dam hot ass air. im probably thinking about taking it to the HONDA dealership so they can take a look at it, even though there probably going to charge me up the ass to fix it?

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i try to park my car under the shed or shade...if my car sits in the sun and you use the A/C it wont get cold at all....well at least untill your on the freeway for 10-20 mins....but if i park my car in the shade/shed....a/c blows cold but i figured its becuz my car is FBP....so it atracts alot of heat...

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just threw a can in mine the other day. Nice and cold now.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if recharge kit dont work, it's prolly the compressor.

turn the air on to face only on cold full blast. then push the a/c button. if u dont hear a click, compressor is shot
(^dont take my word for that. someone told me to do that when i had a/c problems)

bigpatskize

Fat boy with AWD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn i have the same problem myself and this thread helped out alot >`

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
cool, thanks for all the comments on bout the A/C appreciate it, im go try and fix is hopefully it works.

-anthony=

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My AC works. but Its adjustment is broken. Its stuck on "cool"... Works for now... come winter Im going to have to see why the switchy feels like it came off its spring.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice, nothing like sticking to the seats. No girls in skirts will get in your car.

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sounds stupid and you probably checked, but someone didn't say anything about it....... check the belt. the A/C compressor (atleast on mine) is the furthest forward belt driven thing.