A minor update on the coupe.

98civikdx

98civik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fellow Springs driver, nice car man. What exactly is holding the side of your front bumper on? I'm having problems with the bolts on the sides.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh damn, good to see another Colorado Springs driver on here :thumbs up
They're bumper quick releases, my friend sells them. Instead of using bolts, these are basically just little latches. They're neat, as long as you like the look

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They're bumper quick releases, my friend sells them. Instead of using bolts, these are basically just little latches. They're neat, as long as you like the look
how much does he sell them for?

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
20$ for the set of 2, with all screws needed :thumbs up

blackej7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was wondering about those..so is the bumper still bolted in or is it pretty much the latches holding it on??

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^
The latches are holding them on. They're basically quick release also.
Heres a close up:

I just stick a piece of wire in there so they dont unlatch. :thumbs up

98civikdx

98civik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the quick releases, looks good imo. I'm definitely thinking about getting those.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the kind words everyone :thumbs up

As said in the first post, paint is coming. It should look nice and clean =)
why not paint the bay while the motor was out? was your sohc boosted? if so are you going to boost the ls?

O.C.D. 06

Obsesive Civic Driver
5+ Year Member
Nice car. Those bumper release pins are neat but they're kind of distracting. Did you ever think about color matching them too? That might be interesting. Best of luck!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice, I never really liked that wing but I've only seen it on sedans and it just looks like it's a little too much. I think your coupe pulls it off better. It would look sick with a painted Password JDM front lip and 96-98 OEM rear lip. Kind of an "uberAggressive OEM" look

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paint the hood!
Its carbon fiber! If I can get my hands on an OEM hood, I would love to grab it. But the carbonfiber is staying carbon fiber for now :lol:

why not paint the bay while the motor was out? was your sohc boosted? if so are you going to boost the ls?
I was in a rush to get the motor in (I sold my Jeep..so this was my only car) so had to do it in a weekend. and yeah, here was my SOHC:

The LS will be boosted in time, but for now I'd like to focus on suspension and finishing up the interior :thumbs up

I like the quick releases, looks good imo. I'm definitely thinking about getting those.
Thanks dude! Just let me know!

Very nice, I never really liked that wing but I've only seen it on sedans and it just looks like it's a little too much. I think your coupe pulls it off better. It would look sick with a painted Password JDM front lip and 96-98 OEM rear lip. Kind of an "uberAggressive OEM" look
Yeah, I tried to get my hands on that OEM rear lip, and then throw on some Chargespeed side skirts...but, didnt go my way. But thanks! I just like the agressive look, but not exactly "rice"...cause its all JDM inspired =)

Thanks everyone for their comments! Keep them comin!

Those quick releases come in polished/chrome, but i sprayed them black. I'll try a set of non-painted this week!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That it will! I already have a top mount manifold for the LS...just gotta find a nice turbo...then I'll be one step closer =)

Drackonn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice plans on the shave/tuck/boost ... i decided to go with spray because Im really just looking for some fun hear and there.

good luck with the shave/tuck ... I started mine a few weeks ago, a lot more work involved then I originally thought.