A noobs first ej6 build.

swbusby

Mysticivics
Hey everyone, my name is Steven my friends call me "mystic"; I'm new to the whole import scene and CC. I've always been into classic cars and small blocks . That is until I got my ass handed to me by a Honda Civic. needless to say I was mesmerized by this badass little coupe.
Oh, it was all tricked out, turbo, exhaust, custom suspension, paint and graphics.
Very "Fast & Furious" type stuff.
Now from my roots in the hotrod scene I was into modified originality, so after several hours on Google searching I began looking at "stock looking" but lowered and boosted 92-95 civics. Needless to say it was love at first sight. So from Google I then went to Craigslist and began searching for my dream car.
After 4 days of searching I found a very ugly but mechanically sound 94 DX Coupe, thus begins my journey into the import scene.

mysticivics now Free

swbusby

Mysticivics
A quick side note: this car was black with pink interior at some point, alot of the interior pieces were painted black to cover up the god aweful color.

mysticivics now Free

swbusby

Mysticivics
Next on my list is the obvious! Yup, a stock rear bumper cover. I see it now, I'm gonna be a junkyard junkie.
I'll post pics of it today if I can find one.
I'll also soon be losing the fart can muffler in lew of a set of headers and full exhaust.

My general idea is this:
Remove those hideous and poor quality Z-3 style fenders and replace them with stock ones.
I want simplicity. Bone stock body. Except for the paint which will be plasti-dipped in red with the pearlizer and glosser like this Evo X.
https://imageshack.us/a/img17/2020/93wc.jpg

mysticivics now Free

swbusby

Mysticivics
Now, here comes the hardest problem I'm running into, and really need some input from all you guys. I want to slam it, problem #1 I cannot afford full coilovers and #2 I'm not sure of the quality of the coils and sleeves on ebay. You know, the ones you can lower up to 4 in.

mysticivics now Free

Abyss

Never ever cheap out on suspension. As tempting as it may be to just get something cheap like that, just save up and get some quality coilovers.

swbusby

Mysticivics
Never ever cheap out on suspension. As tempting as it may be to just get something cheap like that, just save up and get some quality coilovers.
Point well taken, thanks alot. Any particular brand for the drop I'm trying to achieve? And how is the ride quality?

mysticivics

swbusby

Mysticivics
Okay, thanks for the advice. I will definitely follow sound advice. Again thanks.

mysticivics

CO671

Registered VIP
Ouch, you might be better off just buying a parts car and transferring the interior and exterior over.

You can cheap out on body parts, interior parts, almost anything.
If it regards reliability, safety, performance you must be careful on what you pay for.

What's your budget, this is always the first thing to consider.

swbusby

Mysticivics
Im working with approximately 1200.00 and all I'm looking to do is a few minor upgrades/customization. As this being my first build it has special meaning, so im willing to put in alot of elbow grease in order to make it perfect.

mysticivics

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
I say ( but this is just my opinion), stock bumpers, stock side skirts, Stock fenders, and go from there!