A noobs first ej6 build.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Now, here comes the hardest problem I'm running into, and really need some input from all you guys. I want to slam it, problem #1 I cannot afford full coilovers and #2 I'm not sure of the quality of the coils and sleeves on ebay. You know, the ones you can lower up to 4 in.
eBay coilover sleeves, along with shocks, are complete junk. I would never trust having them on my car. Since you want to "slam" the car, this means you need a full coilover setup. There really is no way around it. You'll have to spend around $500 minimum on a decent coilover setup.

EgCivicKid

You want a good coil over thats trusty for cheap go with Raceland coil overs they're really nice, i ride them not bouncy at all and they have a one year warranty can't, beat them. i really want to push them they ride extremely well for the price. I fully believe you will like them, but i don't recommened tracking them, i would use them as a DD coil or like street nothing more serious.

swbusby

Mysticivics
With these coilovers how much of a drop can i get realistically on 15's without totally shattering the ride quality?
In the following picture is the ride height i'd like to get. Do i trully need coilovers or can i get this height with 2.5 lowering springs?
https://imageshack.us/a/img845/5886/4lvb.jpg

mysticivics

CO671

Registered VIP
Ride quality will suffer when you're already 2 inches lower even on quality shocks.

You need to understand spring rates, stiffness and softness, damper rates too. I still haven't fully grasped those concepts but I understand enough since my cousin encouraged me to install ebay coil sleeves on my stock shocks and I regret them so much. My cars practically s*** with coil sleeves, they bounce horrible because they're so soft and my shocks are obviously blown. If I hit a bump, i'll still be bouncing 2-4 times for another 5 seconds

Don't get 2.5 lowering springs, DO NOT. OEM Shocks cannot handle that. If you want to go low, do it right the first time so you don't have to disassemble your suspension just to put in the new parts...

I do not know of the quality of TruHart coilovers, but they're going for under $400 in the ClubCivic store. TruHart springs lower 2.5in and go for under $150, while the shocks go for $180 in the ClubCivic store I believe as well. The shocks I read were rather short and even putting on Tein S Techs was difficult (tein s techs would be my only choice for lowering springs as they lower the vehicle under 2 inches and have a good spring rate)

If you want to go low, Koni/GC setup is highly recommended, I hear Function and Form Type 2's can go low, but their ride quality is debatable. Progress CSII's are on sell for $500 for the month of November only, but they're not recommended for going lower than 2 inches.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
With these coilovers how much of a drop can i get realistically on 15's without totally shattering the ride quality?
In the following picture is the ride height i'd like to get. Do i trully need coilovers or can i get this height with 2.5 lowering springs?
https://imageshack.us/a/img845/5886/4lvb.jpg

mysticivics
You need good coilovers. there is no way around it.

For reference, I'm on the popular Koni/GC setup. At my current ride height (about a 3in drop), I still have over an inch of threading to go lower.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to slam it, problem #1 I cannot afford full coilovers and #2 I'm not sure of the quality of the coils and sleeves on ebay.

mysticivics now Free
Then dont bother. If you can't afford coilovers that can handle the job, then you can't afford a shock and coil sleeve combo that would be suitable either. Either save for full coilovers or save and buy good shocks, have patience, then save for good coil sleeves and pove how your rides and looks without worries.