AC making strange noise..help

infam0us3o5

low n slow.
5+ Year Member
ok so whenever i turn on my AC i hear a strange noise coming from around the glove-compartment area..its like a growling sound...used to be just a quiet clicking but now its loud as f**k and really annoying lol... it basically does it when it wants to..mostly happens when im driving tho.
anybody else experience the same problem?? i did some searching and couldnt really find much info.. anyone have an idea as to what it could be?

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i get this when my heater is on, im sure it has something to do with the blowercore.

Billy's HX

5+ Year Member
I also have it but havent figured it out yet mine is whenever i have a fan on heat or ac

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it might be the blower fan..that thing that looks kinda like a hamster wheel.that tends to make noise when its broken,or when 1 of the fan blades is cracked

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine does this bs too =\ usually on the first speed i never heard it in others and it does it when it want to and then i switch speed to 2 and it works fine

98civikdx

98civik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Same here, but I just don't use my A/C. Problem solved.

subsonic-civic

5+ Year Member
mine used to squeak like a mouse....
then 2 weeks in.. it would start off squeaking like a mouse.. but then end up sounding like a... busted jigsaw.

im gonna get my honda tech/mech to check it out. it only happends when its cold out.

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mine used to squeak like a mouse....
then 2 weeks in.. it would start off squeaking like a mouse.. but then end up sounding like a... busted jigsaw.

im gonna get my honda tech/mech to check it out. it only happends when its cold out.
let us know the results man GL

knotapunk

5+ Year Member
Ya, mine does it too, but I only have the highest setting available...others don't work, so... :ok:

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mine does it intermittantly... like Id punch the area where the glovebox/airbag is and it fixes it sometimes lol.

but now im stuck with my old problem of my heat not clicking over again... yay for cold weather but my heat doesnt work...

Im going to tear my dash apart and see if my blowers f**ked or what it is. i cant wait for it to turn on again this year when its 10 degrees out.

subsonic-civic

5+ Year Member
let us know the results man GL
OK. just got back from the shop. my mech/tech managed to take the blower motor out w/o even removing the glovebox... :shock: He DID remove the small panel on the passenger side. Below the glovebox, to the right, before the door.

He cleaned the motor, and oiled the rotating parts (making sure to leave the brushes alone!!!) and so far.. it hasnt made ANY noise, whereas before, it would squeak like a mouse constantly. He noticed that the bearings ARE gone. but this should fix it for a while.

Unfortunately. i did not take pics. (He was quite busy, took time off just to fix it for me).

I have a 2000 SI 2 door.

electrical

5+ Year Member
buy a new Blower core, it is easy to replace only 3 screws and you can use the same of toyota corolla 96-02, it is the same blower