Accel Distributor Cap

KWH924

5+ Year Member
So the plug wires in my 99 lx are reaaly cracked and hardened and i know they need to be changed so of course i figured why not do the cap and rotor button at the same time. I found a clear Accel cap and button at my work for not much more then id have to pay for oem but on the back of the box it says "96-00 Honda Civic (Vtec)" but when I look up OEM part numbers it says the LX and EX use the same cap so I guess my first ? is would it work in my LX and my 2nd ? is Accel a good brand to use on Civics?

KielJG

5+ Year Member
Well I just bought the same cap for my 96 LX and yes it does fit all civic models. It comes with 2 rotors, one you will need, the other will be wrong (one has a screw hole and one doesn't). I haven't driven with mine yet, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be as good as OEM.

KWH924

5+ Year Member
I went ahead and bought it it take some force to get the rotor button on but a few mallet tapas and it lined up. My old cap were awful so I don't know if the night and day difference were because it was an overall better cap and rotor or if it just the difference from replacing the old one but it is pretty cool too see the rotor spin in there haha

KWH924

5+ Year Member
Like 30 then I get a 20% discount since I work there but I bought a magazine and some plugs and wrench for our lawn tractor so I'm not sure with tax and all that