Adding Rsx Seats

Ace92028

Gold Member
Hi, i was looking to add some RSX leather seats into my 05 em2 for both confort and side airbags on the sides of the seats. What im wondering, since my car didnt come with side air bags, is there anyway i can hook these seats in so the sidebags work? THANKS

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You would need the SRS system from the RSX from my understanding and it wouldn't be cheap, nor would it be easy. If your car didn't come with side airbags then they wouldn't have the slightest clue when to deploy in an accident. You would need the control module at the least. You would also have to adapt side impact sensors somehow which would be a pain in my book.

It isn't like you can just tap into your existing SRS system and these would go off with the fronts. They need to have impact sensors tied to a computer/module to tell them when to deploy.

I would NOT recommend tampering with or modifying an SRS system.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would NOT recommend tampering with or modifying an SRS system.
This ^

And if you decide to continue with it anyways, you should definitely leave it to a professional to make sure it is done correctly.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, just leave them be. They won't be in the same position within the vehicle either and could cause more harm.