Advice on new Clutch

supermario25

5+ Year Member
So my d16z6 has about 78k original miles along with the original clutch assembly. Its starting to slip and the gears wont go in as easily so Im looking into purchasing a new clutch. Ive adjusted the clutch pedal but that only helped for a while. Any advice on which clutch to go with. This is a stock engine and its my daily driver, but I am considering swapping the engine or going for forced induction in the future. So i dont want to have spent money on a clutch just to end up buying another one, but I do want a good clutch. Sorry for being too wordy, but I hope you get the idea :lol:

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would recommend purchasing energy suspension bushings. This should make a world of difference. This mod is quite inexpensive and should be your first upgrade. I would start off small to see if your problem is fixed before shelling out more $ I'm currently looking into aluminum shifter bushings for an ej8. Does anyone know a good place to look?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
doesnt sound like your problem is the clutch itself. try flushing your tranny and replacing shifter bushings. if it's popping out of gears, you have tranny issues.

however if you do decide to replace the clutch, i recommend Exedy organic. its great for a slight upgrade from factory and won't break the bank