AEM or K&N

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only reason you "need" and AEM or K&N intake is if you lived in cali and had to have the "carb" sticker other than that the ebay intakes work just as well all you gotta do is slap a filter on it. As far as filters go I'd go with AEM because they are a dry flow filter and need less maintenance then the K&N filters cause you have to spray them with this cleaner/oil every so often

ribal_gh

Peronaly i would go for K&N, a better quality and the tube is made of polyethylene which prefectly prevent the engine bay heat to be transfered inside the tube with a less air resistant.
I just order mine and expecting to receive it next week !

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd just get a nice drop in filter for my stock box. you wont notice a difference with either of the tube intakes.

otherwise you're asking who advertises better.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd just get a nice drop in filter for my stock box. you wont notice a difference with either of the tube intakes.

There it is in a nutshell, but ppl will still drop loads of money on these.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly it doesn't matter, pick the one you think looks the best or is cheaper if you don't care about look. I currently just have a K&N drop-in filter and in the past have run a generic brand intake with a K&N cone filter. K&N makes good products but so does AEM.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I run an eBay intake and AEM dry flow filter. It costed me like $88 all said and done.

This. Especially on a D-Series.

The only reason you "need" and AEM or K&N intake is if you lived in cali and had to have the "carb" sticker
And this.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've heard that custom 3" piping with a new air filter works wonders. Correct me if Im wrong though

randypogue

just ordered a K&N short ram intake for 180 bucks. Looks real good hoefully ill like it and at least give a little hp.

codeman76

:shocked2: $180 for a short ram! I paid $104 shipped to my door for my AEM short ram. Where did you order it from?

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn bro, no point spending that cash unless your in a state like cali that need scarb stickers on everything. The funny thing is 2 of my buddies just ordered AEM for and RSX and a Cougar and they came with K&N filters. Shoulda just got the AEM, sorry to your wallet that I was late to respond

ribal_gh

just ordered a K&N short ram intake for 180 bucks. Looks real good hoefully ill like it and at least give a little hp.
Good Choice!
Even i was worried when i saw a post at the top that it need to be oiled regularly, so i went searching on the net and read to many articles, but it seems that maintenance will be needed only every 40,000 miles... Let us live till we drive these miles =)
I bought mine for 240$... coz i dont live in the states, so dont worry about the 180 :P

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Any generic pipe that fits with a name brand filter. Thats about all you need.