AEM or K&N

randypogue

just got the intake on today and i mean wow gets alot of power and torque. but is there problems with theres bay overheating and airfilter sucking in to much hot are.

civicexkid

stock airbox is better then any sri with a drop in filter and resenator removed. i keep torque down low where as u lose it with an open element filter but i run my aem filter off of my stock intake arm since it rubber it wont heat soak like metal will and i love the sound but i still pick up hot air so i put a duct from the front bumber opening to the hole where the resenator piping went dont no if it works but idc. =) id just y a drop in filter and take of your intake resnator and youll still hear a big difference and ull like it.

DuckIt

Some people like the reassurance of buying names. Let him be. If i had the money, id order a name brand intake too.

Personally, ive got an ebay sri with an aem filter.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

dsprimal

Banned
what intake sounds the best? I know the stock air filter box is the best to stick with. but i love the sound aftermarket intakes make. just adds a little spice to the ride lol :P any thoughts on which would be best to go with that sounds really good?

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Personally, since no one has brought it up, Injen. I love their sound, then k&n then aem. Injens make sound ALL THE TIME, I love it

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what intake sounds the best? I know the stock air filter box is the best to stick with. but i love the sound aftermarket intakes make. just adds a little spice to the ride lol :P any thoughts on which would be best to go with that sounds really good?
puma says her whale cock sounds the best

i enjoy the sounds of her gagging on it as well

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just got the intake on today and i mean wow gets alot of power and torque.
How much power we talking here, 30-40 hp and enough torque to worry about the axles breaking?
:lol:

Seriously, doubt it.

ribal_gh

How much power we talking here, 30-40 hp and enough torque to worry about the axles breaking?
:lol:

Seriously, doubt it.
Mr. baker take it easy, u r always critizising !!
Just saw on another post about a guy who wants to get recaro seats, headers, harness..etc but you were against that because its not a race car, and seems now also you are againt speedning money on an air intake.
So either to go for a tune for $ 4000 at a time or not !!
We should start step by step...so be patient =)

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Mr. baker take it easy, u r always critizising !!
Just saw on another post about a guy who wants to get recaro seats, headers, harness..etc but you were against that because its not a race car
You didn't read the thread since that was not the core issue, and it was resolved.
I can't help it if you don't like what I say, that's on you, not me.

Granted it's not my money, but hate seeing ppl waste money on items like this.
Power vs dollar ratio just isn't there.
Then saying they can feel it, when it's all in their heads, it's a bit over the top is my point.

ribal_gh

Man, i have a civic si 00 almost stock.
I had a plan to tune it since 3 months,almsot with a budget of $ 2K ... it seems really confsuing what is the best set up.
i would like to hear ur opinion..if u had that money what would u do to get the best out put from a b16.