Aem V2

Chago225

5+ Year Member
I've been looking around for an intake but i cant decide wether i want a short ram, cold air, or AEM V2(its soo expensive) but the thing is i want a deep sound not the anoying weed wacker sounding exhaust. What will produce a deep sound and is affordable.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The intake isn't going to do a whole lot to the sound. It will make it the slightest bit deeper, but that's it.

For a deep sound, you'll want to look more at exhausts, not intakes. For exhaust, I recommend Skunk2 or Megan Racing (cheaper, but still of good quality / sound.)

If you do still decide to get an intake.... I recommend NOT getting a V2, it's too pricey. You won't notice a difference from intake to intake. It doesn't do enough performance wise to warrant spending a s**t ton of extra cash for. Get the cheapest short ram / cold air you can find. If they're both the same price, grab the short ram. The short ram will yield the same performance gains as the cold air, and will give you a smaller chance of hydrolocking (given, the chance isn't very high to begin with, even if you do get a cold air.)

Good luck.

bman11

5+ Year Member
if ur really just looking for sound type them into utube. there are lots of different vids of ppl showing off the sound of their cars. i just went through the whole thing u are doing atm in trying to figure out what intake i want to get. i ended up getting the v2 which will b arriving tomorrow. i can pm u after the install and tell u what i think of it if you would like. Personally i am a big believe in u get what u pay for, so lots of ppl recommend just getting the ebay intakes and putting a better filter on it, bcuz it is just piping. but personally i have had enough bad experiences with cheaping out on things. just my opinion though, lots of ppl on here when i was looking said that they would just go ebay. your choice.

let us know what u decide and how it works out for u. good luck

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Id say either buy ebay or buy used. Personally, Id rather buy a used AEM intake than an ebay one.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i have an AEM v2 , HP Header, and GReddy Evo2 exhaust.
its all very quiet and not loud at all.

Chago225

5+ Year Member
Let me now how the V2 treats you cause im really leaning towards getting the V2, i as well believe in you get what you pay for

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get the V2 my hommie has it and it produces the deep sound you looking for.

bman11

5+ Year Member
i just installed mine yesterday to, i love it. such a great sound and i kinda notice the little horsepower. good intake highly recommended

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you're looking for JUST sound, that deeper tone, this is what you need to do. I know a couple of people have ran it this like this with NO PROBLEMS... I personally, ran my car like this for a good whole year before I decided to mod anything on the car. Don't worry about "oh your engine is going to suck in hot air," it's all bullshit, your engine is going to suck in hot air regardless.

Keep the green, remove the red. Simple as that... Great sound, and most of all, it's free!

bman11

5+ Year Member
hey civiclx. was just looking at ur pics and noticed u kept the stock ring thing on the breath hose. did u have the same problem i did and not able to get the one that came with it on? i installed mine like 2 days ago.

dropped05civic

5+ Year Member
okay Im new to this forum but Im currious about the picture above? why would you want to keep the stock intake? or is that even what you are talking about ? I had my Intake put in and the removed that whole piece

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
okay Im new to this forum but Im currious about the picture above? why would you want to keep the stock intake? or is that even what you are talking about ? I had my Intake put in and the removed that whole piece
Because an aftermarket intake on our cars doesnt really give you much performance gains, just sound. And rather than spending money on an intake, you can just remove part of your stock box and still get the sound factor. Just have to keep the piece shown because it has the filter in it.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You talking about my picture?

I was referring to the OP when I posted that pic... It seemed as if he only wanted that deep throaty sound. The way described in the picture was the only way I sought to be affordable (free) and have the sound he wanted.

By removing the resonated silencer (unit on left of actual intake system) and keeping the original intake box (on top of the throttle), you'll cut out the unit that silences the air entering the intake/throttle. The reason behind keeping the intake box on top is because for one, you have your air filter which sits inside. Two, you have the large opening of the hole on the side of the box to suck up any air and so for to fill up the box, and shoot through the throttle.

Having an actual aftermarket intake doesn't necessarily mean that you'll gain butt loads of power. A matter of fact, you probably wont even notice a difference in performance rather than sound. That's why some people pull off the silencer unit and keep the intake box rather than actually buying an aftermarket intake system.

Personally, I have noticed somewhat of a slight change after only installing an intake, header, and exhaust system. The only change I've noticed was in the top end, which was a very SLIGHT change in revs up in the higher RPMs.