AEM V2

SickCiViC

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#2
waste of money in my opinion... get the plain jane AEM 1. it dont do s**t more, i'm sure. :mrgreen:
 


Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
#3
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

waste of money in my opinion... get the plain jane AEM 1. it dont do s**t more, i'm sure. :mrgreen:
I agree
 

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#4
yep so do i, they cliam it does but are you really willing to get a new intake that cost $100 more then the older aem intake, i didnt think so, i mean at the most its going to give us 2 hp, you cant feel 2hp.
 


Az2k1civic

New Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#5
I have an older AEM cai and I love it...dont plan on buying the new one....just looks like more pipe anyways
 

JiveCivic

New Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#8
I just tested the V2 on my frineds 98 DX and it added16.9 hp and 14lb-ft of torque :shock: I'm getting one for mine now and I'll let you guys know how much power its worth!
 

SickCiViC

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#9
Originally posted by "JiveCivic"

I just tested the V2 on my frineds 98 DX and it added16.9 hp and 14lb-ft of torque :shock: I'm getting one for mine now and I'll let you guys know how much power its worth!
whaaaaat :?:
 

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#10
thats bull no intake is going to add 16.9 hp on a dx civic, the only civic that gets more then 10hp from a intake is the new si. The only way that i would beleve you is if you had a dyno sheet
 

SickCiViC

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#11
Originally posted by "nightkids1"

thats bull no intake is going to add 16.9 hp on a dx civic, the only civic that gets more then 10hp from a intake is the new si. The only way that i would beleve you is if you had a dyno sheet
same here dude, sorry...
 

fatboyhatch

New Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#12
they dynoed that v2 thing on a civic dx (96) and it gave out 16.9 hp, for that price id get one, if you think im bull shittin just look at the import tuner or supstreet newest issues and look under sema show coverage it says, the dyno in both
 

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#16
yea....i don't know about that. on aem's website it says that it outperforms the original...and uhh...yea. 16.9 more on a STOCK engine? or what....tell me that.
 

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#17
Originally posted by "fatboyhatch"

they dynoed that v2 thing on a civic dx (96) and it gave out 16.9 hp, for that price id get one, if you think im bull shittin just look at the import tuner or supstreet newest issues and look under sema show coverage it says, the dyno in both
ill have to see it. if its true ill get one.
 

SickCiViC

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#20
if it was really that much better than yur average CAI, then EVERYONE would prolly have it by now. they r just a way of making a quick buc. dont waste yur money, not worth it over an intake anyhow. besides.. the regular AEM 1's look nicer anyway. :P :mrgreen:
 






VigLink badge