Aftermarket Fog Lights Wiring Problem NEED HELP

97auto4

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just bought depot fog light and it was easy to install. everything came out to be the same as the diredtion. the only thing that someone told me is that you cant fun the fog with the parking litghts. becuase he said sumthing about the amp is 5 on the parking light and the depot is like 10 or sumthing. and you are risking to to burn ur fuse or some s**t. i dunt know. but it took us around 2 hours. with the cut of the bumper and all. cause we had to go though the fire wall and find the connection to the one that works with the light. which are the parking light. it is the 2 from the 1st one to the left. there should be around 4 or 5 in total. but the 2 from the left.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive had my depos hooked up to my parking lights for the past 6 months and ive had no problems

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just bought depot fog light and it was easy to install. everything came out to be the same as the diredtion. the only thing that someone told me is that you cant fun the fog with the parking litghts. becuase he said sumthing about the amp is 5 on the parking light and the depot is like 10 or sumthing. and you are risking to to burn ur fuse or some s**t. i dunt know. but it took us around 2 hours. with the cut of the bumper and all. cause we had to go though the fire wall and find the connection to the one that works with the light. which are the parking light. it is the 2 from the 1st one to the left. there should be around 4 or 5 in total. but the 2 from the left.
You hooked up wrong then.

The depos come with a brown clip in plug that plugs into the fuse box underneath the dash at the top square connectors. All you have to do is find the one that only powers on when the parking lights come on.

97auto4

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya that what i did. and that guy told me no. he said it will burn out the fuse box. i was like uhh okie.. haha. he was like if you keep on using it, you will burn out the fuse and you have to change it and it would cost around 500 dollar. cause i have my alarm wire there too. the parking light, so when i press the alarm, the light comes on.

Black Cobra

5+ Year Member
Victory!!!

VICTORY IS MINE !!! Fog lights work! Thanx everyone who helped, the only problem is one is pale yellow and the other is dark yellow ... not sure if they're supposed to be like that, but its pretty noticable. Otherwise they look great and they're bright as sh*t!!! Moral of the story, you get what you pay for I guess. I'm still quite sattisfied with this $50 set of lights ... just wish they were both same color. We'll see how they behave. I did end up having to extend the red wire a bit otherwise I hooked everything up per Jersey8's instructions. I put the one pin connector in the fuse box position 1. If there's anything wrong with that let me know. I'll try to take a pic some time and put it up.

slvercvc

5+ Year Member
I just bought oem approved fogs and the install was going great until i got to the interior. the switch harness that i have does not match up with the headlight connectors. where can i get that simple harness? or advice.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
headlight connectors? did you look at the picture i posted up or read any of previous posts in this thread?

slvercvc

5+ Year Member
yeah. i got two sets of wires. one for under the dash that connects to the headlights, connector behind the fuse box, and a relay and ground. the other wire harness is for the foglights and connects to a pre-existing plug designated for the fogs that is located behind the washer fluid tank. i will post a pic of the harness for uner-the-dash. that is the only problem i have encountered. the lights themselves are plugged in and ready to go, just the switch, headlight relay. pic soon.

Last edited:

flyersuko

5+ Year Member
Ok guys firts of all I already ask in the how to but I guess that the wrong place to ask.
Thats what we got so far. but im still lost.

well here the problem this is the wiring I have so how im I suppose to connect it to the fuse box if there no connector for that in this wiring, or is that the one I put in the Fog switch the one that should go in the Fuse box?
So all Civic 96 have from factory a wiring under the dash for fog light or I missing that wiring in my kit?
where the red cable should go?
im also wondering since I saw a pic of the connector that go to the Fog switch and it have lots of cables this one only have 3 (white,black,red) but the red one dont have a connector at the end. as you can see in the pic.

or is that this wiring dont have to be connected to the fuse box at all, and it should work just like that, press the Fog switch and lights come on, press again go off.but anyway I dont know where the red one go.

I been searching and searching but im still lost that why I ask in a already existing thread so it would help other ppl too.
Thanks.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm... interesting im really surprised theres not a 1 pin connector on that red wire.
id say the easiest solution would be to tap into the headlight harness, after the headlight switch, so that when you turn your headlights on, the relay will turn on, allowing your foglights to come on as well. i wired up my tach like that but its been a few years so im a little iffy on this subject. i believe the headlight wiringg coming out of the switch on the steering column is somewhere underneath the steering wheel and if remember correctly it wasnt too hard to find. hopefully someone can back me up on this. good luck man

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sry to threadjack but i gotta question. i installed my foglights around this time last year (depo). now my foglights wont turn on. when i press the button u hear a noise as if they turned on but they dnt. i put in brand new bulbs, same problem. i saw on the labeled pic in this thread that the harness has its own relay/fuse, is it changeable? and what if i just change where the 1 pin connector is plugged into?

nacnud_z24

5+ Year Member
Just to add..I bought some "OEM" fogs and the wiring harness is missing a wire. After having the technician look at pieces and compare to HANDA the wire that controls the HI/LOW Beam and triggers the relay to shut off or power the fogs is missing. Hes going to install anyways tomorrow so hopefully he wont run into any problems other than that. In the end they should work but not go off when HI beams are in use. Either way I have HID hi/low kit installed so fogs are just for looks. If something else is wrong Ill be sure to post.