Age Old Question!

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
I am wanting people's input here on whether if this is a good idea or not. I am looking at getting a 2012 4DR or 2DR Si Civic. I already have my 2000 EM1, but been wanting to get a slightly per say NEWER and nicer wise Civic. What's your all opinions on if this sounds like a good idea or am I just getting the bug for something new? The 9th Generation models have been growing on me and the interiors are nice for what you pay for and get. This most likely is another mindless thread, but like to hear the positive and negatives of the newer Civics in general from other people's perspective.

P.S. I will still be keeping the EM1, I will NEVER get rid of it as it still has my 100% attention!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im my honest opinion, newer hondas are not as good as the older ones, you cant kill a 2000 and back civic they were bullet proof unless beat on continuously , the new ones have more "fancy things" on them, but just seems like the quality isnt there. Id look into other brands for a new car if it was me.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are your plans for a newer vehicle?

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
I been wanting a nicer more comfortable daily driver with better luxury options. It's nice to drive a car that's quiet and soft ride, my toy is the EM1. I just want something four door, nice, good mpg, and something that us quiet as far as riding and driving it.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You must be getting old lol, but jokes aside, not knowing your budget, I wouldnt mind an accord, civic si, or acura tsx if you really wanna stay in the Honda family, but there are many options out there. Gotta narrow what you are looking for.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I too think they aren't made as well. As far as technology features they've never been at the top or even close. Right now Ford and Toyota beat them with tech and luxury features.

If you're wanting it purely for a commuter I say go for it. I don't know your lifestyle at all to say either a two or four door though. Me personally, I'd go with a four door.

Sent from my Note 2

djroadking

If you want my input on Toyota, here it is... My mom bought a 2012 Camry SE and in my honest opinion it's very plastic like on the interior except for the seats which are close to those found in a Civic Si. My friend Ryan works at a Toyota factory and admits that they're made very cheaply... Even driving the new Camry it still doesn't feel right... For commute reasons I'd say go ahead and get a new Si but be sure it's a 2013 model. Reason being is because when Honda made the 2012 model Civics (probably other models included in this as well) they had a shortage of parts due to the typhoon that hit Japan...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lexus is250 or whatever the f**k its branded now...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive been looking at them also and thought about the investment

but i always wanted an m3 or Sti

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm with mymemmry on the Lexus. The Nissan altimas arnt too bad either in my opinion. My grandpa has one and its very nice to drive with the 3.5L and doesn't seem cheaply made at all.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm with mymemmry on the Lexus. The Nissan altimas arnt too bad either in my opinion. My grandpa has one and its very nice to drive with the 3.5L and doesn't seem cheaply made at all.
Agreed about the Altima. My old roomie has an 09 auto 3.5 and I loved hers. Even for an auto. I've always liked Nissan but refuse to buy their suvs.

Sent from my Note 2

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The nissans haul ass but theyre ugly as f**k.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honda and luxury do not go hand in hand. At all. Acura is Honda's luxury line, and I still wouldn't chalk them up with BMW or Mercedes. Those are true luxury vehicles.
That being said, the new Si's are okay. I think they're obscenely over-priced, myself. If it's what you like, though, then none of this matters! Get what makes YOU feel good.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honda and luxury do not go hand in hand. At all. Acura is Honda's luxury line, and I still wouldn't chalk them up with BMW or Mercedes. Those are true luxury vehicles.
That being said, the new Si's are okay. I think they're obscenely over-priced, myself. If it's what you like, though, then none of this matters! Get what makes YOU feel good.
It's 'luxury' to Americans who don't know the difference between the 2 brands. The Acura CL is equivelant to an Accord, and the TSX replaced that as the 'sporty version'. It's unreal being at my partner's Acura dealership and the system shows the cars are the same.

Notice that Acura isn't sold worldwide, b/c most developed countries know they're a waste of money. Now the TL and MDX, and the new but now discontinued RL are in classes of their own.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's 'luxury' to Americans who don't know the difference between the 2 brands. The Acura CL is equivelant to an Accord, and the TSX replaced that as the 'sporty version'. It's unreal being at my partner's Acura dealership and the system shows the cars are the same.

Notice that Acura isn't sold worldwide, b/c most developed countries know they're a waste of money. Now the TL and MDX, and the new but now discontinued RL are in classes of their own.
I've just never felt that Acura was luxury at all. They're just Hondas with different options. Nothing against the cars, they're great, but yeah.. I have that Euro sentiment: BMW, Mercedes, and Audi will always represent class and luxury.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They're just Hondas with different options.
Nailed it, but MDX and TL, including the new version of the RL are really in a class of their own and I consider those 3 luxury. The RL was $45k new just 2 years ago! Serioulsy, check those 3 out now.

I'm an Audi fan though, but I felt they run neck and neck on the mid level cars with BMW. True class hasn't been apparent with BMW until a 5, and definitely a 7 series. Oh, and now the 6 series.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still want an Optima as a commuter. I think Kia kicked ass with that. Also with a nice warranty.

New Hondas just feel cheap.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still want an Optima as a commuter. I think Kia kicked ass with that. Also with a nice warranty.

New Hondas just feel cheap.
Agreed with both cars. A co-worker of mine has a 2012 dark grey Optima fully loaded. I absolutely love the car. She's considering selling it b/c they found out they're preggers again and money will get tight. I will SO buy the car from them!