ahhhhahahggggg anyone ever had a teacher...

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that just doesnt seem to want to pass you? what did you do to get past it?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have had some messed up teachers in my time. One with a Masters in communications that "couldn't teach to a kindergarten class" (I put that on her review :lol), one that called us "f**kers" and a "bunch of idiots". I don't know how I was able to get through those classes though.....I guess just do the work. Try to kiss up. Tell the teacher you are having trouble, and want to know what he/she wants you to do in order to do better in their class. People who are assholes like that s**t.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah seems that you have the same ideas that i have lol, i have spent the last 3 office hours of hers reworking my papers, and the last one she gave me a f**king "F" on! i even helped her with a computer problem she had.... maybe i didnt fix her problem lol.. its my last class and i am worried that i will have to go back to school because of this class.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea it's REALLY easy for someone to be subjective when in that position. So I think that kissing up really helps that kind of thing. You have to realize that she isn't sitting there saying "I don't like this kid, I am going to give him an F to f**k with him." In her head, it is actually justified by something she "finds" in the paper. Kissing up a little bit may help. I have a s**t ton of work to make up for my f**king online class, I hate it. Online classes should NOT exist, they are just a terrible experience and you don't learn s**t.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't know if you had this talk with her, but if I'm not sure I'm going to get an A, I very seriously walk up to them and explicitly state that I am willing to do anything and everything in my power to get the grade I want. Usually teachers are willing to help in any way they can after they see you're very serious about it. Don't drop hints either.. we hate when women do that, don't fall into that habit.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, she hates your ass so she's going to fail you just so she has to have you in that class AGAIN. Makes sense.

Send me your paper, I'll tell you why you got an F.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup we just had a discussion about online classes, and the reason that my state university system has them is to "compete" with the online schools.. seems stupid to me as those schools are not accredited like a CSU or UC is. i was just reading her rating scores online, she is a very polarized teacher, love or hate. and to me that is not a good thing for a teacher. a lot of the students now say that they are getting bad grades from her.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, she hates your ass so she's going to fail you just so she has to have you in that class AGAIN. Makes sense.

Send me your paper, I'll tell you why you got an F.
perhaps not her class but another, its a womens history class, and in the beginning she said that the guys would feel like they were being picked on. i have major that is heavy on paper writing, usually 40+ pages a semester for 4 classes usually about 60, and i seem to get decent grades there, and that is what i dont understand.

have you ever had to write a paper from first hand sources, BUT cant site direct quotes?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just show her this pic, she is sure to pass you then

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Women's history. Any woman who teaches a class like that OBVIOUSLY hate men. That's why you are failing.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
perhaps not her class but another, its a womens history class, and in the beginning she said that the guys would feel like they were being picked on. i have major that is heavy on paper writing, usually 40+ pages a semester for 4 classes usually about 60, and i seem to get decent grades there, and that is what i dont understand.

have you ever had to write a paper from first hand sources, BUT cant site direct quotes?
You gonna send me the paper or what? 60 pages a semester isn't heavy on paper writing, you're talking just over 15 pages per class per semester, that's light coming from my world.

I graduated in 05 with a BA in communications and a minor in writing. I was averaging 10 pages of writing a week during the slow semesters (4 classes) and topped out around 20 pages a week when I was taking 6 classes. Now I write and edit for a living.

Judging from your approach to the teacher, maybe you're just not getting what she wants you to get out of the material. College isn't about getting the right answer, it's about giving the professor the answer they want. That's also what life is like so get used to it.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My calculus prof teaches just like this:

But I learn from reading the textbooks, and going to Academic Help when I need it.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that just doesnt seem to want to pass you? what did you do to get past it?
if your talking about a college then you can go to the head instructor (whatever they are called) and show him your work. if that doesnt work you can go to the dean of the college and plead your case.

i never had to go to the dean.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I, along with two other friends in the class, went to the dean to plead a case of our teacher who called us all "f**kers" and several other incidents. Never heard back.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depending on the grades of my next 3 papers i may have to do just that

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive had a sexest teacher not wanting to pass me...i did what someone said and asked what to do to pass the class... she still didnt care so talked to head of the psych. dept. and then they took care of it...i passed with a D....its a small thing called life...

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for this class a D is not passing. i need a C-