Air compressor question

so i just purchased a air compressor so i can use air tools and such and i was wondering what should i use if i want to hook up a retractable hosse mounted on the cieling in the middle of the room......what type of piping shoud i run from the compressor the the retractable hose....rubber hose or copper tubing never really hooked up anything like this....i already have the retractable hpse i just need to figure out what to run to that....anyone have any ideas?