Airbags

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Dilemma_cuts
So you want to race and i want a cushy ride. Where the hell do you come off calling someone with a show car ricey. Thats alot of competition people you are talking to. I don't think airbags are unneccary. A turbo is unneccasary for me, so it it ricey?
Just shut yer yap and get off this thread, i don't want your opinion.

show cars ARE rice

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whatever man,
Why would i do anythign else to a civic. If i wanted to race i would buy a camaro

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
rice vs pimp is in the eye of the beholder. what's tacky and horrendous to me, may actually look good to you.... but i'd worry more about performance than aesthetics.

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then worry about performance. I like aesthetics.
I think people who try and race at lights with Civics are wasting their time.

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whatever man,
Why would i do anythign else to a civic. If i wanted to race i would buy a camaro

civics are not only for "drag racing" (well they actually are not at all)....any idiot can drive in a straight line

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by anfrey
rice vs pimp is in the eye of the beholder. what's tacky and horrendous to me, may actually look good to you.... but i'd worry more about performance than aesthetics.

agreed, air ride has WAY more cons then it does pros

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
there's a reason civics have a double wishbone suspension both front and rear.

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well why don't you tell me some cons of airbags?
Really, thats what this whole thread is about. I'd much rather hear pros and cons then you tell me whether i should get them or not. I base my upgrades on pros and cons and if i like them, so tell me pros and cons, I'll work out the rest.
Thanks

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well why don't you tell me some cons of airbags?
Really, thats what this whole thread is about. I'd much rather hear pros and cons then you tell me whether i should get them or not. I base my upgrades on pros and cons and if i like them, so tell me pros and cons, I'll work out the rest.
Thanks

pros- adjustability

cons- can blow a bag, "spring rate" increases the lower the car is which means there goes your cushy ride, extra weight on the car, altering the system byond honda's design can cause other problems like excessive bushing wear etc, there is plenty more cons to something like this

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by slykandi
dilemma- don't even listen to people who tell you about "all show no go" i swear thats so stupid, who gives a s**t. its one or the other, i personally would rather drive a car that looks good then something that looks like ass and is fast (speed is over-rated) =)

justin- done.
I wasnt making fun of him for being all show and no go, I just said that if that's what he wants then he should go for it. I'm not gonna tell him what to do to his car. Just giving my two cents.

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by temp02
pros- adjustability

cons- can blow a bag, "spring rate" increases the lower the car is which means there goes your cushy ride, extra weight on the car, altering the system byond honda's design can cause other problems like excessive bushing wear etc, there is plenty more cons to something like this
I don't think i will have to worry about spring rate because i"m not going to be driving it slammed anyway. The only time I'll drop it is when i am parked or showing off in a parking lot.
I don't worry about the weight on the car because I'm not really trying to up my horsepower. The bushing wear is interesting, if you want to elaborate that would be cool.

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think i will have to worry about spring rate because i"m not going to be driving it slammed anyway. The only time I'll drop it is when i am parked or showing off in a parking lot.
I don't worry about the weight on the car because I'm not really trying to up my horsepower. The bushing wear is interesting, if you want to elaborate that would be cool.

so are you going to drive the car w/ stock height everyday?

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think if i want a smoother ride i will ride it at stock, or i will drop it an inch or two for a lower ride from time to time. Then there will be the times when i am just rollin with it slammed, but that won't happen very often.
I kinda figured it would be bumpy when its low. But it doesn't matter so much to me because why would i drive it anywhere thats bumpy if its slammed, that just doesn't make sense. I will tinker until i think it is a good balance of height and smoothness.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if that's what the man wants, then let him do it. there's a very good quote from a fortune cookie i once got that works great for this situation:

books are good; experience is better.

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by anfrey
if that's what the man wants, then let him do it. there's a very good quote from a fortune cookie i once got that works great for this situation:

word, when he rips a bag and destroys his engine and front end he is going to come on here and b***h about it....lol

civic_on_air

actually on a honda you dont have a bag to rip it is an air cylinder so you dont have to worry about ripping a bag. the set up is basically the same as a gas shock its just that you can add and realease the gas adjusting ride height. And no you dont have to worry about spring rates why because thier are no springs. the air cylinders replace springs and shocks. Everyone need to do some reasearch on this topic before you start talking s**t. And you can base the air ride for a honda on the air ride for trucks and suv it is totaly a different situation. What is wrong with show. The way i see it thier is more money in show these days than race. And if you look at most GOOD show cars they are not just show, they all can go, probably better than mine or any of your cars.

Ryoslide

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well I'm looking to put in air suspension in my car when I get it. I don't want to go fast but I will do minor things to the engine. I do give you props for spending the money which this is all about anyway...money$$$$

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by civic_on_air
actually on a honda you dont have a bag to rip it is an air cylinder so you dont have to worry about ripping a bag. the set up is basically the same as a gas shock its just that you can add and realease the gas adjusting ride height. And no you dont have to worry about spring rates why because thier are no springs. the air cylinders replace springs and shocks. Everyone need to do some reasearch on this topic before you start talking s**t. And you can base the air ride for a honda on the air ride for trucks and suv it is totaly a different situation. What is wrong with show. The way i see it thier is more money in show these days than race. And if you look at most GOOD show cars they are not just show, they all can go, probably better than mine or any of your cars.

sounds like YOU need to do more research, as you lower the car further and further the "spring rate" increases, OBVIOUSLY there is not springs on the car but lowering it further has the same EFFECT as increasing the spring rate, uhhhhh no, show cars are gay and have nowhere NEAR as much money invested into them especially if you car comparing a gay racing car (whoops drag racing) and a show car..........

Kazuo

Pakalolo Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Airbags are cool to look at when they are in action!

But i've heard of a few bad stories were they play around wit it too much and something blows, breaks, or cracks. And if it happens when your in motion isn't that a little dangerous?

If im not mistaken aren't they also DOT un-approved?

But overall, I must agree with Kandi, it's your ride, it's your choice!

Btw, I don't understand why people coin the phrase "rice" all the time. And more importantly to use it in a negative manner.

If you have a Honda/Acura, if your into tuning your ride, doesn't that make ALL of us "ricers"?

Just my passing thoughts........that's all.

Kazuo-san.

civic_on_air

Looks like you need to shut the hell up temp02. Here is the definition of spring rate:
Definitions

Spring rate : Usually expressed in lbs/in, it’s the force required to compress a linear spring one inch. Linear springs have a constant spring rate. Progressive springs have progressive spring rate that rise has the spring load increase.

So how do you have a sring rate without a spring you dumb ass????? YOU DONT. And you make no sence in what your saying about a show car not haveing as much money invested into it as a race car..... open any import car mag you read and look at the cover car, which is usually a show car but thier are times when they do preview race only cars, and i can garuntee you it will be worth more than any race car of the same make and model. In a race car thier are no aesthetics, just major motor work, which I agree is expensive. But most show cars also have hevily modified engines with the addition of lots of body work, interior work ect.

And Kazuo everything in my kit has a DOT code on it so it is all road legal.