Almost time to do the LS Swap :)

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I got a question, I HEARD, from a guy around here that says he thinks that my D Series Mounts should work with my LS? I am getting the Tbracket for the back and the timing bracket is different? So does anyone know if any of them will work? If so which ones will work, which ones do I need to get and with what? Thanks

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
personally, even if the D series mounts worked for your B series engine, i would still get after-market mounts.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I want to, but I just replaced all the mounts when I replaced my D 2 yrs ago (Only drove about 2k so far) and I am trying to get it in, just don't have the money for the stainless one's that I want! But you have a point...

aztecracer

Proud owner of an EJ8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they will work, Are you gonna keep it stock or are u planing to build up the engine? I ask because you can keep those mounts and once you add more power you can just replace the driver side mount to a performance and do inserts on the rest, thats what i did on my b20 vtec and is pretty stiff not stiff enought for the annoying vibration to occuer but stiff enough.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well for now, I am putting Stage 2 BC Turbo Cams, Dual Valve Springs, gonna put my Greddy turbo kit for the D on the B, going to pick up a mani hopefully today or tomorrow. But it is nothing MAJOR YET! =) Just a few bolt on's for now. And since the Greddy is only 5 psi it's not much.

aztecracer

Proud owner of an EJ8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah until you boost ur car ur fine with the stock mounts, then u can upgrade to performance

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cool! So looks like I got a Turbo manifold for the Greddy Turbo last night! 30 bucks! Not the prettiest but WORKS!! BOOST HERE WE COME! =) Boosted LS that is!

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can use the stock rear mount that the t bracket goes over but the one on the left side will have to be from a civic SI or a b16 del sol