Alternator help!!

iwannacivicsi

My 2000 honda civic ex wasnt starting so my friend jumped it for me and it worked for 10 min. I turned off the car and tried to start the car and it isnt starting again so we think it is the alternator. I dont know which alternator to get for my car...I have a 10in kicker solo baric l5 sub with an eclipse xa5000amp. Any suggestions of alternators to get? Help me please!!!! I want to start working on my car but this is holding me back...

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
My 2000 honda civic ex wasnt starting so my friend jumped it for me and it worked for 10 min. I turned off the car and tried to start the car and it isnt starting again so we think it is the alternator. I dont know which alternator to get for my car...I have a 10in kicker solo baric l5 sub with an eclipse xa5000amp. Any suggestions of alternators to get? Help me please!!!! I want to start working on my car but this is holding me back...
just get a high performance alternator...go to auto zone or some auto parts store, ask them what performance alternators they have in stock, take the one you like the best. just make sure that you have done the big 3 upgrade. and since your upping your alternator its not a bad idea to check your battery to make sure its good, might consider getting a performance battery while your at it.

iwannacivicsi

just get a high performance alternator...go to auto zone or some auto parts store, ask them what performance alternators they have in stock, take the one you like the best. just make sure that you have done the big 3 upgrade. and since your upping your alternator its not a bad idea to check your battery to make sure its good, might consider getting a performance battery while your at it.
what is the big 3? how much do you think a performacne alternator will be?

kid2006

you would want to make sure it's not a battery problem before doing anything.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you would want to make sure it's not a battery problem before doing anything.
:word: the battery could just not be holding a charge.

OP do you know how to use a multimeter?