Am i not ment to drive civics...? *tear*

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just got my 96' Civic Ex coupe last summer, did very lil modding to it, and the driveshafts go bad...both sides. 600 bucks to do that. keeps running for a few more months, then the lower ball joint breaks and the draftshafts breaks also... now just last week my friend helped me get it running again after all this time, gettign my lowering springs and struts on, aswell as my driveshaft in, for free ! and just yesterday the civic gets totaled by a re-treaded tire on the highway. Dash electronics are fried and almost caught fire when i tryed to restart it because iwas stalled out in teh center lane on the highway, airbags need replacement, and my bumper and hood and windsheild need replacement... and the car refuses to start...

Am i just not ment to drive hondas?

I was gonna get a CF hood and bumper anyway...but still T_T

doesnt look bad, but the crack along the very top of the windsheild goes all around it except the bottom.

www.japan-partner.com i planned on selling it for parts then junkin what i can sell. and import a used skyline r32 m-type or a 240sx if i really wanna take a chance another Civic. (all under 10gz, feel free to check out the site)

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn man that sucks sorry to hear

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YOu have the shittish civic ever....I think you got a lemon. Go get a new civic.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea dude what kangaroo said .... they arent all that bad i think you just got a lemon

try a 92-95 ex coupe next time those go forever

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe you aren't meant to drive, period!

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
word of advice, you probably arent going to get an R32 inported and legalized for under 10k. I've done a lost of research on it and have been checking the cars on japan-partner.com basically since I started driving and its not as easy as it may seem.

wannabe- that sti is sexy as hell. I can't believe they even still have that car for sale...they put that up like a year ago.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If that car is still yours or you can buy it back for cheap, sell it. It looks like it could make someone very happy as a project. Get yourself another Honda. Yours sounds like a dud.

<-- only poroblems ever on her Hondas...
'97 Civic EX coupe
- passenger window popped off track
- Got rotors resurfaced, they warped, so got new rotors.
'98 Civic EX coupe
- Rear window leak into trunk (probably related to a parking lot collision).
- Hood latch is too tight and breaks hood cables.

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Redbone said:
maybe you aren't meant to drive, period!
]

nah im ment ta drive, some of the stuff i pulled off with this civic i shoulda been ova the bridge lol not hit with a damn tire. :roll:

EG-Owns you - thanks man T_T ^_^

\\Forgiven// - from japan-partner.com its fairly simple, and talking to my uncle (in the army and had a bmw brought over seas) big this is to keep the govener on for inspection and have the windsheild replaced. legalization for an R32 is alot easyer than a R34. which there arent many in the states but there are some. ]

Kangaroo/Melt - i agree with you both, that i prolly did get tweaked on the deal for the car, but did save 2k on the car by printing out the misprint online... lol but the work and problesm it gave me...yea i did still get tweaked. if i can get a 93 civic, prolly would take the hatch back...=)

NOFX - the 97-98ex's dont have vtec do they? im not sure, so it may seem liek a dumb question. but i jsu wants sure...

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GreenThunder said:
]

\\Forgiven// - from japan-partner.com its fairly simple, and talking to my uncle (in the army and had a bmw brought over seas) big this is to keep the govener on for inspection and have the windsheild replaced. legalization for an R32 is alot easyer than a R34. which there arent many in the states but there are some. ]

yea I realize it is a lot easier than the R34, like I said I did a lot of research on the whole thing...I was thinking of getting one. I still dont think it can be done for less than 10k unless you have some nice hookup. But hey if you can get it done then go for it man.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
GreenThunder said:
NOFX - the 97-98ex's dont have vtec do they? im not sure, so it may seem liek a dumb question. but i jsu wants sure...
All '96-'00 Civic EXs (coupes and sedans) have the D16Y8, SOHC VTEC.

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*EDIT* The ONLY place that can legally import skyline's into the U.S. and is approved by the government to do so is MOTOREX www.motorex.net . They say that whatever you buy a JDM car for, expect to pay 150% of that on top of the price just to get it checked over by customs/modified to U.S. emission standards, and the wait time is 6 months or more after the car gets to the port. Not even worth it.

The other option is you can get a 240sx and swap the Skyline motor in it, and be even faster without having to worry about all those fees.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ouch, would've been fine had the impact hit the right side, but under left headlight = airbag sensor, that's what saved my car :(

Hope you find the right one next :thumbup:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I too think that you got a lemon...the only problem that i've had with mine is my cat going bad (after 9 years, its sort of expected by then).

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$600 bucks for both sides?I'm guessing you took it to a shop right?

GreenThunder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Redbone - not only motorex dude lol. theres other companys that ship legally to the US. liek the site i listed above. why not go threw it. the fourms and web page itself and see for yourself.

96DX Hatch - o0o, my friend n i thought they were on both ends of the front end.... mmm. thansk ^_^

SilverBullet - Yea..Junk yard actually... Shop was even more expencive... lol. and because the dealership wanted 6.5k for the car. i had a online printout for 4.6k...they dont like me and only gave me 100 bucks for the repairs and the rest was outa my pocket (and yes it was under warrenty...)

T_T damn lemons...so sour...

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Redbone said:
*EDIT* The ONLY place that can legally import skyline's into the U.S. and is approved by the government to do so is MOTOREX www.motorex.net . They say that whatever you buy a JDM car for, expect to pay 150% of that on top of the price just to get it checked over by customs/modified to U.S. emission standards, and the wait time is 6 months or more after the car gets to the port. Not even worth it.

The other option is you can get a 240sx and swap the Skyline motor in it, and be even faster without having to worry about all those fees.

thats not true at all. Any shop can legalize imported cars as long as they know what they have to do. I thought motorex closed down? Their owner got into a lot of trouble not long ago.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$600 for axles from a junkyard? Are you kidding me?

I didnt pay that much for my brand new stage 1 HASPORT axles for my h22 swapped civic. And i even had to pay shipping for those axles. $316 total.

You can install axles with basic tools, the only non-common tool you need is a 32mm axle socket.

Napa, autozone, checkers, pep boys, o rieleys, car quest, advanced auto parts, all sell remanufactured axles for roughly $90+$70 core each side, youll recieve the core when you take your bad axle back.

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Napa, autozone, checkers, pep boys, o rieleys, car quest, advanced auto parts, all sell remanufactured axles for roughly $90+$70 core each side, youll recieve the core when you take your bad axle back.
That's were I got mine