Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I have a cheap crappy phone, but I can use my iPod touch to type this from anywhere in my house and at work, or anywhere else I pick up wi-fi, even can use the vonage app to make phone calls, also use most iPhone apps aswell, though not all.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a cheap crappy phone, but I can use my iPod touch to type this from anywhere in my house and at work, or anywhere else I pick up wi-fi, even can use the vonage app to make phone calls, also use most iPhone apps aswell, though not all.
but with a droid.... you can do that... and make a phone call from wherever you want in the world...you can do that with iphone too... but were talking about droid phones... not apple

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hows the battery life with this (normal use)? like some texting checking some sites on the web a couple times a day and stuff. my blackberry tour will be half dead with lots of texting and about 30 minutes of internet at the end of the day. i havent heard that much great stuff on the bettery life of the android.

the web is very nice to use on the android

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hows the battery life with this (normal use)? like some texting checking some sites on the web a couple times a day and stuff. my blackberry tour will be half dead with lots of texting and about 30 minutes of internet at the end of the day. i havent heard that much great stuff on the bettery life of the android.

the web is very nice to use on the android
its ok, not the greatest ive found, i use it at work about 3/4 of the night (12hour shifts 7-7) my batt is usually uses about 80-90% of the battery

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think they sell an extended battery though... unike the iphone..

and heavy usage... it will not make it 12 hours.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm thats what gets me. like i said with my tour has great batt life for a smart phone and i also have 2 extra batteries from my two storms that broke. so in total i have 3 batteries. just need to charge the other two to keep as spares...

just the droids seems alot more fun than my tour will be and i know some people think the droid is a little gimmicky like the iphne... the tour isnt gimmicky to me haha.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my old HTC phone had 2 batts.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had an htc a while back. the phone was nice but windows mobile blew chunks. maybe my next toy will be droid