annoying battery problem

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
Ok so i go to school and i dorm there so i leave my car at home. I just got home today and tried to start it up and it doesnt even unlock, light up, alarm, etc. I am guessing the battery died again ( i jsut bought the battery, summer 2010, AND had that one replaced, with warrenty, like a month ago). i am assuming there is a drainage somewhere? i have a clifford alarm system. i pull out the faceplate of my radio. Is there anyway i can fix this?

oops i posted in the wrong section, moderators move it please? thanks

Scrpn17w

Si wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Make sure all of your lights go off when your car is shut. I had my battery die once because the dome light stayed on.

Also, this should probably be in one of the tech sections, not off topic.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
could be the alternator went out. have it replaced. im having the same issue with my ride. can u push start your car? i know that helps start my car when it drains the battery.

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
hm so this problem is still persistant. i know for a fact its not the battery. im trying to find the power draw:

maybe the alarm system?
bad alternator? (although its fine if i drive it every day) ---> but i am going to replace it because its really old and might be the source of the problem

anything else i should get checked out? i am taking my car to school but i will only drive it once a week or so or maybe not for 2 week and i know for a fact at this current state it will die. any advice or anyone mind elaborating how energy works in a car?

i am taking it into a mechanic that i kinda know through a friend tomorrow, but i would like to know what i am talkin about to not get coned into paying mroe lol

thanks

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have a parasitic draw. Find it or hook it up to a battery tender while it is sitting so it keeps the charge up.

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
k mechanic couldnt find a short. wasn't the alternator. problem is most likely the after market radio i installed. anyways at the moment, ima jsut disconnect the negative from teh abtterry when im not driving for a week or so.